I’ll also share two different setting options for the blocks later in 2020. Show off your progress on social media! Press row 2 to the inside. And, I also did something just a little different with each block so you could see a couple of options. I haven’t made my 18″ block yet, but will use the traditional methods for half-square triangle and flying geese construction. Maimie Abrego. You can also have a lot of fun with fabric and color selection with this block for a variety of different looks. I love both versions of Summer Winds – your fabrics are so pretty – but the blue and white really caught my eye! It changes lives and it touches hearts. Never mind about the fabric requirements; I didn’t read far enough. How do we join the quilt along? Start thinking about sashing and borders, too. I love that you have an 18” block option. This month’s block is an Ohio Star variation that I love. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Thank you Sherri! Your fabrics are lovely. A Quilting Life Block of the Month September 2020 - YouTube Thank you, Sherri, for designing these BOMs for your fans! Download the pattern for the September blocks here. I don’t know about you, but I love to sew together an easy block. I don’t have many scraps so the amount of fabric I need would be good. That is a great block. FreeQuilt.com. . I’ve been looking through the book and it’s just beautiful. August Block Video. The pressing is especially important to ensure that the rows come together smoothly. Thanks so much for visiting my site! Hi Sherri Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. Here are fabric requirements for each size so you can gather fabrics now: Are you ready for my fall Labor of Love Sew Along? I finished my 12″ finished block the other day and used three different fabrics from our Summer Sweet collection along with the tone on tone background fabric from that group. When I clock on save as, I do not get a pdf formatted download. This month brings another traditional quilt block and a favorite of many, including myself. Beautiful blocks! Free block of the month quilt patterns are fun to create a beautiful quilt with no pressure or fuss. What’s Your Story? I have never done English paper piecing, but I am hoping it is not too difficult. Block of the Month The blocks are listed on the page by name or you can use their photo index. The theme of this quilt is- The Many Designs of Friendship. I keep a 1/4″ seam but I just can’t seem to get the points correct. Ordering supplies now. Found it. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. Get ready to sew because I’ll be beginning the sew along on Wednesday, September 30th! Both are from the Best Friends Forever Collection by Stacy Iest Hsu. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. page. Second, line up fabric B on top of fabric A with front (right) sides facing each other. I enjoy reading your posts and you inspire me to try new things. Bible Quilting The block patterns are related to the Old Testament. Each Block of the Month is processed & dispatched on the 1st of the month … I went on your Etsy store and purchased the Timeless and 2019 HST BOM patterns. We are sew excited to get started with this year’s Designer Mystery Block of the Month! This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. They’re beautiful! This month’s block has a little bit of everything: squares, rectangles, flying geese, and half-square triangles. Empire Quilters What’s one more block per month, right! Was there a post with fabric requirements? I love both colourways! I really love how it turned out. I found a quilter here in Texas to get through some of my older pieced quilts. The theme of this quilt is- The Many Designs of Friendship. Thanks for stopping by! Cut down the center, along the line that was drawn earlier. hmmm…not sure. window.dojoRequire(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us20.list-manage.com","uuid":"10ea15e4c04b643d8a59b195e","lid":"8110cb7f76","uniqueMethods":true}) }), Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Press rows 1 and 3 to the outside. It is a great way to learn some piecing basics. Several free patterns to download for Block of the Month members. So be sure to save the dates in this month’s quilt planner – September … I have so many small projects from subscription boxes that I haven’t even started. Coastal Quilters Help please! Thank you for sharing! Block Of The Month quilts are great stash-busting projects that will be appreciated and enjoyed. Thanks you so much for your quilting generosity!! Do you want these posted I Instagram and if sew, is there a hashtag you would like used? Find the block construction information and fabric requirements here. We will be using three fabrics this month including: The fabrics I used for this were all from Moda and include Kelly Green on White from the Essential Dots collection. Garden State Quilters I’m so excited about the sew along! you can use #aquiltinglife and I should see it! I know you will have more info next month but in order to decide which size blocks to plan for it would be great to know the finished sizes….I like big quilts but I also like piecing small pieces! ❤️, Thank You! Block of the Month Get free Block of the Month quilt patterns. It is a great way to learn some piecing basics. I'm Sherri, and I love all things fabric, quilts, and sewing. They have patterns from December 2004 to the current month. Due to COVID-19, our in-town shops, retreats, and education center are temporarily closed until Spring 2021. Thanks so much for visiting my site! Hi - I'm Claudia - Fan of all things fabric. You can sign up to our Block of the Month Programmes at anytime, by contacting us. Download the block patterns until you have your quilted garden. I actually got caught up with downloading your 2020 BOM. Hi! I recently started to see so many quilt alongs. Download these free patterns to complete the Flying Geese quilt. Thank you for your videos. I’ll be making my 12″ finished blocks using a scrappy combination of my fabric collections. This year I’ll be offering blocks in two different sizes and will be sewing along with both options so I have two quilts at the end of the year. Lastly, trim the blocks down so they measure 2 ½ inches by 2 ½ inches. Empire Quilters Several free patterns to download for Block of the Month members. Can’t wait to get started! With the large block I used just four fabrics. Thank you Sherri. Love the idea of “free” plus the fact that there is NO appliqué!. (Okay, I have two other BOMs in various stages lol.) As a result, you will have two blocks that now need to be pressed open. The 12″ block quilt requires 3/4 yard sashing, 1/4 yard or fat quarter for cornerstones, 1/2 yard inner border, 1 yard outer border, 5/8 yard binding, and 3 1/2 yards backing.