The Kmise strings tie to the bridge, while the Islander uses bridge pins. : 200 Curious Questions and Intriguing Answers, So Say We All: The Complete, Uncensored, Unauthorized Oral History of Battlestar Galactica, Dao De Jing: A Philosophical Translation - featuring the recently discovered bamboo texts, Catullus' Bedspread: The Life of Rome's Most Erotic Poet, Nixon's Darkest Secrets: The Inside Story of America's Most Troubled President, Wretched Writing: A Compendium of Crimes Against the English Language, Machiavelli: The Art of Teaching People What to Fear, Augustus: The Life of Rome's First Emperor, Justinian’s Flea: Plague, Empire, and the Birth of Europe. On the flip side, it’s also noticeably lighter than most wood ukuleles, which may be appealing to some. Tenor Ukulele Bag with Padding & Adjustable Back Straps. Si vous résidez dans un pays membre de l'Union européenne autre que le Royaume-Uni, vous ne pourrez pas récupérer la TVA à l'importation pour cet achat. Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. Tous droits réservés. As non-traditional ukuleles go, Aklot’s bamboo ukulele is a lot of fun. All of these Kmise instruments have similar strings: adequate but not the best I’ve played on. However, others end up playing tenors because they find sopranos just too small to play. This is especially true of a nice-looking ukulele like the Aklot bamboo tenor. The review talks about the edge of the body, not the edge of the frets. While not super fancy, they were far better than anything at that price range I’ve seen in the past. You can edit your question or post anyway. That’s at the low end of a price range in instruments that can reach several thousand dollars at the upper reaches. Adequate, if not the prime material for transmitting sound energy. It’s not often that you see an all-bamboo ukulele! Beginning of dialog window. The first important thing I noticed was the weight. A good […], Your email address will not be published. Pour en savoir plus, consultez les, Ce montant inclut les droits de douane, les taxes, les frais de courtage et les autres frais applicables. I had not developed a good impression of most lower-priced ukuleles in the past. Thread Tools. Bamboo instruments are always laminates, so the sound is bright, but to my ears somewhat thinner. Ukulele Solid Mahogany 23 Inch Concert Uke With Free Online Course 8 Packs Beginner Starter Kit ( Gig Bag Picks Tuner Strap String Cleaning Cloth Instruction Book Gift Box ) From AKLOT. Aklot solid bamboo ukulele, all parts are made of Bamboo wood. Aklot has made this tenor ukulele entirely out of bamboo. Aklot Bamboo Concert Ukulele … Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. But it will take some doing because the saddles on both ukes have been carefully sculpted to ensure proper intonation. Elegant and understated. It’s well-padded, has some nice backpack-style straps, and features a big pocket on the front for your other accessories. First of all, it’s dressier with a slotted headstock rather than the solid top of the other two, and gold/black tuners. The mahogany instruments are solid tops, not laminates; another surprise: low-priced instruments tend to be made from laminates because it’s a less expensive material. This is a design choice rather than a functional difference. AKLOT Tenor Ukulele All Bamboo Ukelele 26 inch Professional 18 frets 18:1 w/Gig Bag Strap Tuner 4.5 out of 5 stars 97. Just like most of the ukulele brands, Aklot provides a set of accessories with its instruments. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. ), Aklot Banjo Ukulele In-Depth Review - Electric Ukulele Review. Again, if you’re looking for environmental sustainability, this is great news! (I plan to buy their U-bass to compare it to others I’ve had…). I have no hesitation recommending Kmise or Aklot instruments to anyone looking for a reasonably-priced ukulele or guitarlele that also offers reasonable quality. I’ve had ukes break strings and go out of tune from the changes. (0 members and 1 guests). Required fields are marked *, AKLOT Tenor Ukulele All Solid Bamboo Ukelele 26 inch AKBT26 18 frets 18:1 Advanced Tuner Machine w/Gig Bag Strap Picks (Electronics). And the gig bag is a tad fancier, too, with better padding, a larger front pocket, and a side handle (similar to the gig bag that came with the guitarlele). Whether that makes a difference is debatable. (lorsqu'il y en a un).