Recipe by PalatablePastime. Pecan Pie or Pumpkin Pie: Which One Wins Thanksgiving? SERVES: 4. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. Read more about. How to Apple Pear Crisp in the Slow Cooker. I can’t wait to make this and fill my home with the smell of cooking apples, pears and cinnamon. UNITS: US. Your email address will not be published. Fall’s favorite fruits unite to make this comfort dessert extra special. READY IN: 40mins. The result is a nice and crispy topping. Combine cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle a small amount to cover the bottom of the slow cooker. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form. Yum! You can leave the skin on the fruit or remove it. Then they realized that Betsy Devine and Rachel Mark's Salvatore Bklyn ricotta was flawless in every way. I eat (or... We’ve got everything you need to up your kitchen game - plus, special offers and discounts just for you! I decided to make it an apple AND pear crisp because I love the textural difference between the 2 fruits. Interview The James Beard award-winner shares his favorite pantry staples, nacho tips, and the plant-friendly chef he’s following on social media to get inspired in the kitchen. The combo of the warm crisp with the cold and creamy vanilla ice cream is just heavenly. Serve with cinnamon ice cream or crème fraîche whipped cream. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, and brown sugar. Start by gathering your ingredients. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. *Click here to view our nutritional definitions. 272 Calories. 2 . You can manage additional layers of account protection via your account information settings. In this episode of Chow-to, Guillermo visits a Greenwich Village institution for all things English, Tea and Sympathy. Perhaps someone left wheat... Craving a delicious, refreshing, and easy weeknight dinner? This apple pear crisp is amazing and, best of all, it is super easy to make in your slow cooker. Mix cornstarch and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in small bowl. Allow to cool briefly before serving. INGREDIENTS Nutrition. An easy apple pear crisp recipe made in the slow cooker. I love apple desserts and the fact that you made this in the slow cooker is just awesome!! For the Filling, toss apple and pear slices with lemon juice and vanilla in large bowl. Lightly coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter. Great tip about the paper towels! © 2020 CHOWHOUND, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. That is totally up to you. The trick to keeping this apple pear crisp crispy is… paper towels. Manage your digital pantry, create shopping lists, get recipe inspiration and more. Next, core and chop the apples and pears. Simply draping paper towels over the top of the slow cooker before placing the lid on will help to absorb moisture. Love the combination of apples and pears. I love the flavor and versatility of cultured dairy products like yogurt, sour cream, crème fraîche, labneh, and buttermilk. Cook on low for 2 hours. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. Sprinkle over fruit; toss to coat well. Francesca teaches Guillermo how to make vegan cultured butter using coconut oil , creating not only a healthier and tastier alternative to the commonly found substitutes (looking at you margarine), but also an affordable option compared to store-bought. Can’t wait to try this. This classic apple and pear crisp can also be made in a pie plate. Apple and Pear Crisp. This is an excellent way to make something delicious and inexpensive (you only need ground meat, potatoes, carrots and frozen peas!) 1 Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. 11 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! Now it is time to add everything to the slow cooker in the following order: Now comes a little trick to keep the crisp from becoming soggy while cooking in the slow cooker. Perfect! Nobody knows who made the first loaf of bread, but it most likely happened in Egypt more than 4,000 years ago. What a fun way to use the slow cooker! Using Super Spice cinnamon in both the fruit mixture and the topping gives the dish a rich, deep flavor. It is easy to make and to play with, try adding some chopped walnuts to the crisp … Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar on top of the fruit. He meets with Nicky Perry (owner and founder) to learn her family’s easy recipe for beef shepherd’s pie (which technically in modern British English is a cottage pie). I think apples and pears together is such a great combo this time of year! The paper towels will work to absorb extra moisture, to help give the crisp that “crispness”. Amanda and Merrill were filmed in Bklyn Larder, a great New York store where you can find Salvatore ricotta cheese. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Serve with ice cream, or whipped cream, if desired. This looks great, I love apple recipes and I could dive right into this now! Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish and set aside. For this easy slow cooker recipe you will need 3 apples, 3 pears, sugar, cinnamon, oats, flour, sugar, and butter. I’ve never made a crisp in a slow cooker. Copyright © 2020 McCormick & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. In this episode of Chow-To, Guillermo meets with Francesca Chaney, the youngest restaurateur in Brooklyn, at her vegan café Sol Sips. Oh my goodness, this looks and sounds so delicious! I was looking for a new pear recipe this weekend, love the slow cooker! Can’t wait to give it a try! This slow cooker apple pear crisp is a warm and comforting Fall dessert recipe that pairs perfectly with vanilla ice cream. This apple pear crisp is amazing and, best of all, it is super easy to make in your slow cooker. No matter what you call it, this quarantine-friendly comfort dish uses some ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, and will make you feel cozy all year round. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. by Caitlin M. O'Shaughnessy | When the usual pie lineup feels boring and uninspired for your dessert repertoire, you've got to make... by Jordana Cohen | Thanksgiving is prime time for pies, but it's hard to choose—and not just between pumpkin and pecan... by Kristin Donnelly | The best way to cook a stress-free dinner is to think ahead, which is why we've created this comprehensive... Sign up to save this recipe to your profile, When you're cooking turkey, but also doing Friendsgiving - it's worth learning a butchering technique that will save you hours of work in the kitchen.