Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes until oatmeal is puffed and golden brown. My daughter and I loved the tortellini soup. Yum! I still remember sitting at the two person kitchen table, that quite literally took up the entire kitchen space. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You can also bake this oatmeal in a 9x13 baking dish so you end up with more of a bar type baked oatmeal. . It just keeps getting better!! LOOKS YUMMY and perfect for any morning:) Enjoy your weekend dear friend, HUGS! Stir in melted butter and peaches. Add oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. This recipe for Peach Baked Oatmeal was first posted in the summer when peaches were plentiful and it was one of my favorites. Oh my gosh that looks divine! Thoughts for Thursday...downton, gifts, etc. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, Greek yogurt, honey or maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla and almond extracts until smooth. Because of our limited space I had to get rid of some of those magazine. You c... My daughter and son in law flew in for a weekend visit on the heels of Eta swirling around our stretch  of the Florida gulf coast. There are many variations of this and other “in a mug” recipes that are cooked in your microwave. Unfortunately, this time of year there is not a lot of fresh fruit to be found, unless you had the foresight to can or freeze some at the end of the summer (I wish!). Pour into 8x8-inch baking dish; set at least 3 hours or overnight in refrigerator. Published : February 17, 2019 Updated : October 25, 2020 by Together As Family 6 Comments, 12 years ago, when I was a newlywed, I had hundreds of Taste of Home magazines. :)Thank you so much for sharing at Marvelous Mondays this week- pinned and shared! Let it cook for about 15 minutes and then cut into squares. They are already chopped so after I drain them I add the peaches right into the batter. Can I use canned peaches in this recipe? The groups are very different and... Want a simple, quick recipe that is also delicious (and low carb)? Vicki, I am saving this and making it tomorrow! Thanks for this recipe! Of course, it didn't have that fresh peach flavor, but for the middle of winter, it was a wonderful breakfast. Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to give it a try - perhaps with some raspberries! ALL THE FALL FEELS, RECIPES, & HAPPY ESSENTIAL "ME" FINDS, Fashion Friday: Edition heavy on the anthropologie, Big decisions and a house sale in Portugal, Vegan French Onion Soup~ It's What's for Dinner, Recycled Magazine Bowl - Pinterest Success #7. Add the peaches to the oatmeal mixture and stir to combine. Your email address will not be published. Warm, comforting and can be eaten for … Spread the oatmeal batter into the prepared dish. Your email address will not be published. I have used this substitution in many recipes to make them vegan and because my dad developed an egg allergy. Thoughts for Thursday...cold, cocoa, etc. Baked oatmeal with quick oats, fresh blueberries, peaches, and diced apple. ...:)JP. additional milk and chopped fruit for serving. The dish is so tasty, you might think it is dessert! I am not a morning person, but find myself up early if I know I can take things at a slow pace and start my morning in the kitchen. There is a gelato store in my cute Florida downtown that serves wine floats and it is something I have been meaning to try. Even if it's takeout or a homecooked meal, eat together! There is just something so comforting about pottering about in the kitchen with the lights on, chasing away the dark as you wait for the sun to rise. Serve with a drizzle of milk, or put milk in the bottom of the bowl, and additional chopped fruit to garnish. Baked oatmeal with quick oats, fresh blueberries, peaches, and diced apple. I have used all kinds in the baked oatmeal and for serving (even fat free) and it works well. breakfast. Things are quite hectic here with the move looming and the biggest news is that I'm becoming well versed in how to use Craig's list to sell unwanted furniture. Add the fruit and gently mix together. Be sure and cut the apple into small pieces. The refrigerator cold id my most most favorite!! Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix … Stir in margarine and peaches. Can you use regular oats? I am guessing the banana won't have the same effect as the egg. The leftovers store really well in the fridge. Start at 15-20 minutes and go from there. Especially on a cold morning. This cold, cold weather has me wanting something warm and comforting for breakfast and I love baked oatmeal with any variety of fruit. I've got everything to make it. Also is there anything better than the scents of coffee brewing and something sweet and cinnamon flavored baking in the oven. First time w/blueberry, raspberry & apple - SO GOOD. This recipe for Egg Roll in a Bowl checks all the boxes. Why not other winter fruits too? I also only had frozen blueberries. Stir in melted butter and peaches. If you don't want to use eggs, you can substitute 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water for each egg. But again, you'll have to experiment as I have never done it myself. I'm not one for canned fruit, but an exception can be made with this recipe, because when you bake this the sweetness of the canned peaches adds something special. The only change I made to this recipe redo has nothing to do with the flavor, but I thought it would look pretty to place a few peach slices whole on the top, rather than chop them all. Doing it this way can make it easier to refrigerate them into Ziploc bags, making it an easy grab & go breakfast option. The egg binds the oatmeal together which makes the baked oatmeal. A bit of summer in this gosh awful cold!! You could use regular old-fashioned oats in place of the quick oats in the recipe. I made it using just blueberries and apples since I didn't have any peaches and I had just picked some fresh blueberries from a blueberry farm. Therefore, you would put 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed and 6 tablespoons of water if the recipe calls for 2 eggs. I have been making this oatmeal for over a decade, haha. We also happened to live in a really small 500 sq ft apartment (poor college students!). Bet blueberries would be good with that baked oatmeal as well . We love eating it for breakfast and also served it with ice cream as a dessert like we would cobbler, and it is amazing!!! Not sure. We passed our third anniversary in our new Florida home at the be... Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday.