Cakes and frostings do firm up a bit when chilled and so it’s a good idea to remove it from the refrigerator a couple of hours before serving so that it can soften. OMCake!!! It is delicious and has all the banana pudding favors with an impressive presentation. With my recipes, if it doesn’t specify unsalted, I used salted which is what I use for this recipe. This cake turned out perfect and everyone loved it! Store in the refrigerator. In step 8 of the recipe, you are only mixing the dry pudding mix and the cream cheese. Cake looks delicious. It’s great, everyone loves it & it’s my Mom’s own recipe! so yes try it instead!. Make frosting. You should be able to find it in the freezer section of the grocery store near the ice cream if you are in the US. I have a question. The cream cheese really thickens the filling up. I am going to make this for my husbands birthday in two weeks…..he is a Banana Cake lover….myself no so much. Measure out 3 cups of all purpose flour, remove 6 Tablespoons and replace with 6 Tablespoons of cornstarch (corn flour in the UK). This cake looks so good I would love at least a little tiny slice! Here’s a peek inside. Can you freeze andship this cake, I’ve made it often,it’s a hit! The pudding takes on the taste of the banana. . Frost cake with cream cheese frosting. Beat on low to medium speed until the butter is softened and smooth. . This cake has become a hit! Thanks for the amazing recipe I will definitely be making it again! Don’t throw out ripe bananas . you can find the details here: Joining Information for MyCakeSchool.com. The only thing I don’t care for personally was how sweet the frosting is. I don’t know which part I like better- the creamy banana pudding filling or the heavenly frosting. Thoughts? You can click here to Subscribe without commenting. A layer cake with all the flavor of Banana Pudding. Can the ake be made ahead and frozen? Wrap the plastic wrap loosely around the cake. If someone else knows for certain that would be great, like mentioned first this info is from a google search, no guarantees of the correct ingredients or informaion. I am also curious about making it rectangular and possibly two layers. Can this be baked as a bundt cake. I would not freeze in the cake pans. Your photos are stunners as usual, Christin! Everyone loved it and I’ve been asked to make it again. Pinning. Arrange about 15-18 vanilla wafers on top of one of the cake layers. Can someone elaborate step 8 for me please? Hope everyone loves it. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ac410aa22c905972e303ff6869dc7157" );document.getElementById("e1c93d5855").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. It will keep for 3 to 4 days. Hello I am making this beautiful cake soon and would like to know does the cake flour need to be sifted? Thanks for the post and recipe! This looks like heaven on a plate! Hope you will enjoy the recipe. It was WONDERFUL………. Gradually add in cream and beat until mixture is very thick. If you would like to learn more about cake decorating, we have some great tutorials in our Free Tutorials Section, which also includes a Free Video Tutorials Section. I used Cool Whip for the frosting. Thank you so much for the kind words David. You can let it defrost in the refrigerator overnight or it only takes an hour or two at room temperature. Place in oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Decorate with vanilla wafers. I have a family reunion to attend this coming Sunday Nov.3rd. Pour batter into prepared pans doing your best to fill them with equal amounts. Add whipped topping and beat until evenly mixed in. I only did two layers and still followed this recipe… My layers were just a tiny bit thicker. Divide mix equally into the 3 pans and bake for 30-40 … Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. It tasted just like banana pudding! I would appreciate any help. Can i use all purpose flour instead of cake flour? In going over the directions I understand all except….wrapping the cake in plastic wrap….would this not disturb the icing….or is that before icing the cake??? Hope it turns out well for you and that he loves it! Just printed it out for my best recipes binder, cuz this one’s a keeper! When making cream cheese frosting, be sure to use full fat cream cheese. Courtesy of a google search, Nilla wafers are a type of vanilla flavored shortbread, and pudding milk I read on a random site angels delight someone in the UK used as a substitute, also listed some places to possibly order pudding mix. SO delicious! Hi Cathleen, You could use American buttercream to frost the cake. I haven’t frozen it before, but I think it should freeze well Sandra. Will be making this cake for thanksgiving…pray that it turns out good!! All the wonderful flavor of banana pudding in cake form! © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Turn on the mixer and blend for 30 seconds to incorporate ingredients, Add the softened butter to the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Delicious!! Since I had this light and fluffy banana cake many years ago before the reverse creaming method came about I have to assume that the light and fluffy cake I tasted was a result of the regular creaming method. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. My typing is crap today. When it’s time to assemble the banana pudding cake, prepare your vanilla cream, cream cheese frosting, crushed Nilla Wafers, and sliced bananas. Then, switch to high speed and whip the pudding until thick and fluffy. Beat on low speed just until blended after each addition. So rich and full of banana flavor just wonderful!!! The cake is covered in a delectable whipped topping frosting. Did this for the first time and had a family cake off, it was a hit my cake won!!!!!! We love this amazing recipe! Will the vanilla wafers soften up a bit, or will they remain with the same original cookie crunch??