Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I have so much frozen blueberries, I could scream, but after seeing this recipe, I know what I will be doing this weekend. This recipe is so simple and easy to make that a child could make it! It's great for potlucks, entertaining, and last minute cravings. Please come back and share your comments and tell my readers how you like this recipe. Blackberry turnovers are the perfect sized hand pie dessert. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and would use in my own home! Step 3 Spoon 9 mounds of Crust over blackberries. Although the recipe calls for fresh blackberries, if they are not in season, you can substitute with frozen blackberries. I’ve tweaked this recipe a few times, and everyone enjoys it. This cobbler is amazing served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Stir constantly and gently smash berries with a fork. Design & Development by Melissa Rose Design. packages frozen blackberries, thawed and drained, may be substituted. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms. Your email address will not be published. […] On your way there, pick up sugar and puff pastry (and maybe some ice cream) so you can make this blueberry cobbler recipe. You can use frozen blackberries, but fresh are best. Have a unique twist on this recipe or comment you’d like share? So I guess in my mind, that is where the distinction lies. Top the berry mixture with the pastry rectangles, sugar-side up, but not touching. Thanks to you, Bob Bucherf. Your email address will not be published. sugar. I have had this blackberry bush for four years now and just this July of 2020 is the first significant harvest. Visit all my recommended products at Paula’s Picks on Amazon. I don’t know if there is much of a difference between turnovers and hand pies or if the names are used interchangeably. I really had no idea what I could make with such a small batch of berries until it dawned on me. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. With just three ingredients, this recipe is prepared in just minutes. These homemade blackberry turnovers are a vast improvement over my toaster strudel days. You can brush an egg-wash glaze (1 egg plus 1 tsp. Spoon the berry mixture into a 3-quart shallow baking dish. I didn't have any sour cream so I used plain Greek yogurt as a substitute and it turned out lovely. You may use the pie crust instead of the puff pastry. I am sure you could do this with all sorts of fruits…..of which I have in my freezer as well. Can i boil my blackberry filling fr this recipe and add creamcheese? Definitely a lazy day dessert, this cobbler recipe is perfect for summertime picnics, barbecues, and potlucks. Stir in whipping cream and buttermilk just until blended. Furthermore, it’s delicious! Hi, I’m Amy! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Place the blackberries in a large bowl. I added a little lemon juice, cinnamon, and a little butter on top of berries before placing pastry, and baked individually servings in ramekins. These simple and spectacular Southern cakes deserve a comeback, These sides will be the real stars of Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks. Try 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest with the berries for a bright flavor. Sprinkle the sugar over the frozen berry … Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. This lazy-day dessert is made with just three ingredients. Stir the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth. Brush with butter, and sprinkle with 1 tsp. Make the filling by combining blackberries, lemon zest, granulated sugar, salt, and flour in a bowl and gently tossing to evenly coat the blackberries. As well, if you click the link and make a purchase I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10 x 9-inch rectangle. square baking dish. Comment below or mention & tag me on Instagram. Mixed Berry Cobbler with Buttermilk Biscuits, Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and. Tried this recipe? These Easy Blackberry Turnovers are a snap to make using store-bought puff pastry and fresh or frozen blackberries. Includes icing recipe too. I AM EXCITED YOU ARE VIEWING JETT’S RECIPE FOR BLACKBERRY TURNOVERS AND WOULD LOVE TO HEAR HOW YOURS TURNS OUT SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THEM! Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Required fields are marked *. Sprinkle the work surface with 2 tablespoons sugar. In a small bowl add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Place the skillet on a cookie sheet or pizza pan that has at least a 1-inch side to catch any bubbling over. Spread the puff pastry over the berries and cut two or three slits in the middle to release steam.