A lot of quad-core owners are complaining about horrible stuttering, so that’s something to be aware of. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. We also so a big 78% increase for the R9 390, though it wasn't as staggering as the 570's jump. As we noted on the feature's opening, quad-core CPUs seem to be getting maxed out in this title, something we'll have to investigate further. How to Customize the Windows 10 Context Menu, Only the best Black Friday & Cyber Monday tech deals, Remove the "3D Objects" Folder and Other Shortcuts From Windows' File Explorer. If you enjoy our content, please consider subscribing... You need to be a member to leave a comment. Here we see a massive 80% performance improvement for the GTX 1660 when going from ultra to medium. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate. After some investigation we decided against using the built-in benchmark and we generally try to avoid canned benchmarks when we can. The old GTX 970 does okay with 41 fps and we see just 39 fps from the RX 570. Unfortunately, we couldn't test the RTX 2060 Super nor the 2080 Super as we have those cards on a separate duty for testing Ray Tracing on content that will go live soon. I don't even remember how it used to run the last time I played. Starting from the top we have, of course, the RTX 2080 Ti where it pumped out an average of 122 fps, which for 1080p doesn’t seem all that high. The GTX 1660 Ti does well here, basically matching the GTX 1070 while beating the old GTX 980 Ti, the flagship from a few generations back. Any new? The excellent value Radeon RX 570 saw a massive 109% performance uplift when downgrading the quality preset from ultra to medium. Dropping below 50 fps you’ll find GPUs such as Vega 56 and 64 along with the GTX 1070 and 1660 Ti. For the GeForce graphics cards we're using the Game Ready 436.30 driver and for Radeons the Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2 driver. how is it now? The standard 2070 and non-XT version of the 5700 were comparable in terms of performance, pushing frame rates into the mid 50s. That’s how Borderlands 3 performs at launch using a range of GPUs with the ultra and medium quality settings. The GTX 1650 is the cut off here though and even then you’ll want to start optimizing the quality settings for better performance. On that note, if you're looking to squeeze the best possible Borderlands 3 performance with a marginal visual hit, check out Tim’s excellent optimization guide on YouTube. Jumping up to 4K hammers performance as you’d expect and now even the RTX 2080 Ti can’t achieve 60 fps on average. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Change Ad Consent Advertise. I'm really hoping for some real fix for the optimization. Our benchmark was run using the ultra preset at 1080p, 1440p and 4K, then re-tested with a few GPUs at 1080p with the medium preset. save. Maybe it's just my PC but after the last patch i got better framerates but the stutter comes and goes... 8 comments. Maybe we would have done more benchmarking using tweaked graphics settings across the board but by the time we had the information we were already 50 GPUs deep into testing. Booting up Borderlands 3 with the 6 year old GeForce GTX 970 4GB looks like it will return a reliable 61 FPS. Entering menus and hovering around, lag. share. So I can't say if something's changed, sorry. Making our way down to the GTX 1060 and RX 580 at just under 50 fps, even the 3GB model of the 1060 does pretty well at 1080p. Same here, running almost every setting on the lowest. News, Speculations, Memes, Artwork....... The oldies still average 50 fps at 1080p, so that puts you on fully playable territory which is great. Booting up Borderlands 3 with the 6 year old GeForce GTX 970 4GB looks like it will return a reliable 61 FPS. This thread is archived. TECHSPOT : Tech Enthusiasts, Power Users, Gamers, TechSpot is a registered trademark. Moving on the RTX 2070 Super was 9% faster than the 5700 XT on average which is a pretty typical margin and a good result for the Radeon GPU considering the 1% low result was also slightly better for the 5700 XT. If you’re here trying to get the best frame rates and the best performance, read on. as your post is 6 months old and I've read people and people say the crazy lag on menus and similar issues have been mostly patched. Instead we are using the ‘propaganda center’ for our test though performance does appear to be close to the numbers you’ll get with the benchmark tool. Both are optimized for Borderlands 3, so make sure you’re running the latest driver version. As for graphics memory, 4GB appears fine for 1080p. We see some old GPUs like the GTX 970 performing well with the medium quality preset. 50% Upvoted. © 2020 TechSpot, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I am about to get bl3 on steam and been doing my research. The RTX 2080 and 1080 Ti were limited to around 105 fps which is honestly the kind of performance you’d hope to see at 1440p in a game like this. We nearly lost count of how many graphics cards we put down for this test, but let's say it was roughly sixty GPUs from both camps to check out Borderlands 3 performance. report. The standard RTX 2080 was 21% slower rendering 71 fps on average and we see a further 7% performance downgrade with the 2070 Super. Borderlands 3 welcomes back the classic co-op looter shooter series. Did you manage to optimize it? When compared to the standard RTX 2060, the Radeon 5700 was 8% faster, so not a huge margin and that means it should be comparable to the 2060 Super. Opening my save, over 10 seconds of 10fps before it even seem to be loaded. Low vs Ultra Borderlands 3 Screenshot Comparison. Featuring bazillions of weapons, Borderlands 3 takes solo players or groups on a scum-hunting trip across the galaxy, exploring four planets for the first time in series history. The GTX 1060 saw a 75% performance increase and is now pushing 82 fps on average at 1080p. FPS i get are between 45 and 60 because i use vsync, but stutters happen even without vsync and at every setting high or low. The Golden Joystick Awards 2020: Nvidia takes hardware category; God of War: Ragnarok... Ryzen 5000 CPU support is coming to 400 series chipsets sooner than expected, IO Interactive partners with Intel to enhance Hitman 3 for CPUs with 8+ cores, Here's how much Crytek paid Denuvo to protect Crysis Remastered from pirates, Bitcoin hits $18,000 mark for the first time since 2017, Ad-free TechSpot experience while supporting our work. There’s a relatively new GPU we've yet to mention and that’s because it was too slow using the ultra quality settings, the GTX 1650. You can achieve a lot by tweaking the settings manually and doing will lead to around a 50% boost over the ultra quality results shown here. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 590 / Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB) OS: Windows 7-10. This also means that with optimized quality settings you should be able to push near 60 fps at 4K with the GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2080. For an average of 40 fps or better all you’ll need is the Radeon HD 7950 or GTX 960. Archived. If you’re here trying to find a fix for Borderlands 3’s stuttering problems, then you should head over to our dedicated Borderlands 3 lag & stuttering fix guide. The vanilla GTX 1660 gives the RX 590 a hard time, delivering 12% more frames and that’s quite good given it’s only about 10% more expensive. Still the GTX 1650 was much faster than older high-end GPUs such as the R9 280X and GTX 770. To wrap up testing we ran a few GPUs with the medium quality preset while also adding more budget and older GPUs to the mix. Wrap Up. As for memory, you’ll also want 16GB of RAM for smooth performance, we often saw total system usage around 7GB when running Borderlands 3, with the game itself consuming around 3GB.