I use several Wi-fi enabled devices for my day to day operations. Wouldn't connect to my Linksys N Router. News und Foren zu Computer, IT, Wissenschaft, Medien und Politik. With the RE1000 connected I got .5-1.5. I was concerned because of the comments that using an extender would cut download speeds in half. People with crappy wireless coverage are suckers for products that promise to fix what ails them. I still was able to right-click to open the Network and Sharing Center, where nothing seemed amiss. Only when I got part way into trying to install the setup program on my Ethernet-connected desktop did I get stopped cold with a message telling me that I had to use a wireless-connected machine. It might work for someone with only Cisco/Linksys products but not my modem. I'm going to reorder another one and cross my fingers. Decided to purchase this (refurbished) unit. They have a big problem, someone else mentioned also. The price was affordable at $30, so, I felt I wouldn't feel much financial pain if it did not work. It's also found in Cisco's Linksys E1200 and E1500 routers. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. But due to the way they work, you shouldn't expect high throughput (more on that shortly). I went from Poor-Very Poor 35-45% signal to Excellent 98%!! Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. I used my old Vista-equipped HP laptop and the provided CD to do the set-up (because the laptop had an optical drive). Shares. We now have signal all thru the house and outside on the patio and in the garage. For a refurb unit, it was very well packaged - had all the parts. The second reply from the vendor was "I suggest that you retune it to Amazon." Connecting to the RE1000 got me a prompt to start a Wi-Fi Protected Setup session using the PIN entry method. Cisco doesn't ship any printed setup instructions with the RE1000 other than those on the sleeve of the setup CD that they nicely provided. • Only one 10/100 Ethernet port I then decided to take a second run at the wizard by first connecting my notebook to its normal wireless connection and downloading the installer from the RE1000 support page. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I'm looking to buy ASUS RT-AC68Uhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FB45SI4/?tag=snbforums-20Which is quite an old router (2013) but just perfect for the pur... Hello.I'm trying to fix my far away wifi issue that is weak, slow, unstable, and not connecting in the mostly one floor home. I suppose the wireless-connected requirement should have been obvious, because it isn't mentioned on the CD sleeve or Troubleshooting Guide I pulled off the CD or the User Guide I downloaded from the RE1000's support page. I can generally pull in no more than 2 bars and my speed is about 25% of what a wireless or even hard wired device would receive on a higher floor. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. The WPS session completed after a short wait and I opened my browser (Firefox 5.0.1) to access the RE1000's admin server, which, judging from the IP I pulled, was at 192.168.1.1. Intolerable. A 10 to 20 times slowdown. Repeaters can help get some sort of wireless signal into dead spots. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on June 7, 2012. I had hoped to use this to extend the range of my Huawei wireless router to an apartment over the garage. This process ran uneventfully and I've documented it in the gallery below. It is illegal to copy or redistribute this information in any way without the expressed written consent of Pudai LLC.