When you’re just about ready for dinner, you’re going to mix up the stuff that’s going to make it a “stroganoff.”  In this case, that will be reduced-fat sour cream, cornstarch, soy sauce and salt/pepper. How to make Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff. Just cut it into pretty evenly cut chunks, and it will all cook nice and even and turn out a tender meat for you. All Rights Reserved. It’s pure comfort food! Required fields are marked *. And then you’ll have this! Slice steak into small strips. Its origins date back to mid 19th century Russia. My recipe favors mushrooms which I think are essential to making the beef so wonderful. Trying to rush things by using the high setting on a slow cooker … Cook on low for 8 hours. This one is lightened up by using reduced fat sour cream. Serve & Enjoy She also develops recipes, photographs food and writes for a variety of companies, websites and publications. You’ll set the timer for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Add steak, and, stirring constantly, cook until steak is lightly browned. Snap a pic and hashtag it #RecipeGirl — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! Nutritional information is for the meat mixture only- not the pasta or rice that it's served over. Once that’s done, add to a slow cooker, the beef, onion, garlic, mushrooms, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and the beef stock. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Our 31-day calendar of meals and tips shows you how to cook more and love it with fun, family-friendly meals that come together quickly and deliciously. Our trimmed-down version cuts 30% of the calories and more than half the total fat from this classic beef-and-noodles dish. I did omit the white wine though. Beef stroganoff is a classic recipe that never goes out of style, and this crock pot version is as easy as it is delicious! Uncover, stir in Greek yogurt, and adjust salt and pepper if needed. Sauté garlic and onion in butter until tender. You’ll stir it into the hot, cooked beef mixture and let the slow cooker thicken up the sauce for about 30 minutes while you make the base for your stroganoff:    egg noodles, whole wheat pasta, rice, cauliflower rice, or whatever you prefer. The long, slow cooking time coaxes all the flavor from the sausage into the beans for a mild yet full-flavored dish. Variations On Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff. Season with salt & pepper. Beef Stroganoff uses ingredients commonly kept on hand. Add wine or broth to pan, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of pan. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/262408/creamy-slow-cooker-beef-stroganoff Yes! It’s good, hearty comfort food. Garnish with fresh dill, if desired. Lastly, combine the sour cream and the cornstarch. Husband said best stroganoff I’ve ever made!! Sauté garlic and onion in butter until tender. How to make Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff. Super Garlic Chicken Legs for the Slow Cooker. Chunks of beef, mushrooms and a handful of other ingredients are placed into your slow cooker. Trying to rush things by using the high setting on a slow cooker doesn’t always work out quite as well. Subscribe to receive all new recipes for dinners, desserts, breakfast and more delivered right to your inbox! View Recipe: Beef Stroganoff. Any kind of chuck roast or chuck steak will work well for this recipe. Add steak, and, stirring constantly, cook until steak is lightly browned. It should work out just fine. Chunks of beef, mushrooms and a handful of other ingredients are placed into your slow cooker. Allow the beef stroganoff to cool slightly while you’re cooking the egg noodles. Beef Stroganoff is Russian in origin, it is essentially sauteed beef served with a rich hearty sauce that is finished with sour cream. Hundreds of delicious recipes, paired with simple sides, that can be on your table in 45 minutes or less. A stroganoff is typically characterized as a meat dish with a sour cream based sauce. I like really saucy recipes….will this recipe meet my sauce needs? © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Allow to cook for a further 15 minutes. Recipe Girl®© 2020 , All Rights Reserved. DIRECTIONS. Cover the slow cooker and set on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 6-8 hours. Serve Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff either over … two thumbs up!! The meat isn’t lean– the sauce is lightened up from the classic stroganoff. Chunks of beef, mushrooms and a handful of other ingredients are placed into your slow cooker. Be sure to check out my lightened-up Chicken Stroganoff recipe, which is also worth trying. Freeze leftovers in a large freezer zip baggie or plastic tub for up to 3 months. Recipe Makeover: Beef Stroganoff. Cooking Light may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. If you are not a fan of mushrooms, then of course you can leave them out. When I get home, I have time to finish the sauce and cook the noodles while my boys clean up for dinner. The sauce thickens as the slow cooker beef stroganoff cooks, so you do want to make sure that it doesn’t overcook and get too thick and stick to the crock. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, cornstarch and black pepper; whisk into the hot meat mixture and cook an additional 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Set aside. It’s one of the most fatty cuts out there. All of the ingredients just get dumped into the slow cooker and it’s set to simmer for several hours. This slow cooker beef stroganoff is tender beef, mushrooms and egg noodles, all tossed in a savory creamy sauce. Cooking Light may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Hi! Uncover, stir in Greek yogurt, and adjust salt and pepper if needed. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. A typical beef stroganoff has a pretty creamy, heavy sauce. Serve over pasta or rice and garnish with parsley, if using. The original recipes for beef stroganoff vary pretty wildly. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooker-ground-beef-stroganoff Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6 hours, or until beef is tender. Enjoy over 3,000 recipes, entertaining tips, and travel adventures! Brown meat in one tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes. I feel like cooking it on low will give you a more tender meat. I feel like cooking it on low will give you a more tender meat. Once combined, add this to the slow cooker and stir in. Set aside. Slice steak into small strips. Who ever said that chicken wings, doughnuts, and pizza couldn't be healthy? I opted for a lean cut of beef: sirloin. When the dish is done, remove the lid and turn off the heat. This lightened- up Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is super simple to make. I love that this cooks while I’m getting on with a busy day of work and errands. Offers may be subject to change without notice. For this Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff recipe, I stuck to my grandma’s recipe as inspiration, with a few departures to make it a healthier beef stroganoff. Defrost and re-heat when ready to eat. I'm Lori Lange, recipe developer, cookbook author, and Mom. This recipe was originally shared in 2011.  It was edited and re-published in 2019. I feel like cooking it on low will give you a more tender meat. Combine the beef, mushrooms, onions, tomato paste, broth, wine and 3 tablespoons soy sauce in the bowl of a slow cooker. Lori now spends her days creating family-friendly recipes for entertaining and every day. The sauce is thinner than a classic stroganoff sour cream sauce. About 30 mins before serving, melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms until soft and …