Copyright © 2019 Cook It Real Good. Your email address will not be published. I have a lot of similar recipes, but this one is the easiest and the most delicious I have ever tried. Serve as is, warm or room tempature, or with cream, ice cream, custard or yoghurt. With a son who wants something sweet after his lunch I am always in need of easy delicious desserts as this one! But let me tell you, it’s pretty close to heaven served warm with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and if your baking dish has a lid, cover with the lid. Looks very good will have to make for Christmas, Thank you Mel! You can also subscribe without commenting. Thank you for the feedback! Butter and flour a 22 cm ( 9-inch ) pan and set aside. I'm Cassie! This easy apple cake has the perfect taste of fall, it's easy to make, moist, and every single bite is filled with the perfect apple cinnamon flavors. I’m so glad I did because my whole family, including my picky daughter, loved it! Hello, not sure I have that size cak pan. Hi, Loyda! Place the cake into the pre-heated oven (190C / 375F) and leave it for 40 minutes. Sprinkle apple slices with cinnamon sugar (photo 3). Your cake looks scrumptious and I would love to make it but I have one little problem. Your email address will not be published. This Easy Apple Cake recipe is great for when you need a dessert in a pinch. You will find the apples float up during baking and distribute themselves throughout the cake. Will be making this again and again! Gradually fold in the self raising flour and mix until just combined (photo 2). Happy baking! Elena, I’ve gotten a lot of suggestions from my cooking friends about substituting the cooking cream (which I guess we don’t have in the states.) This Cinnamon Apple Cake is incredibly easy to make. It was a great hit with my whole family. You may also like these other easy home bakes…. It’s the kind of dessert I like to eat while I’m tucked under a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate and a good book. Learn to cook fast, easy meals that don't sacrifice taste. All images & content are copyright protected. It looks really tasty and easy i will give it a try and tell you about it! Preheat the oven to 180° C (350 degrees F). In the morning I defrost it in the microwave for a couple of minutes….easy! Thanks for the recipe!! What you need to make an all in one apple cake. Thank you Elena for sharing this recipe! Thank you very much for sharing this recipe, I am so glad you liked this recipe, Lanney! Pop a comment and a star rating below! Mix eggs, sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla & yoghurt together in a large bowl. I don’t know what cooking cream is, I don;t think we have that in the states. This apple yogurt cake is moist and flavourful and great served warm or cold. I grew up on apple cake, which my mom would bake each fall when apple season rolled around. This easy apple cake is amazing on its own or just with a dusting of powdered sugar. I like to use pink lady as I prefer a sweeter apple. Of all those suggestion, is yogurt the best choice? You can use any kind of apple you like, I use red Royal Gala apples. It’s the kind of dessert I like to eat while I’m tucked under a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate and a good book. Thanks. Allow to thaw before serving. If you are in America, don't use Self Raising Flour (as your store bought kind has added salt). Freeze for 1 month. First, peel your apples (photo 1). You could also try gala or fuji, or if you prefer a more tart apple - honeycrisp or granny smith. Gradually fold in the self raising flour and mix until just combined. Thank you for the feedback, Ellen! A few months ago, I came across this easy apple cake recipe on the blog “Anice e Cannella”. 1 cup Self Raising Flour, sifted, SEE NOTE 2 IF IN AMERICA, 2 Apples, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced SEE NOTE 3. It looked so delicious, I knew I had to make it. The best apple cake recipe you'll ever try! Would bundt pan work? If it does jiggle, leave it in the oven for a few minutes longer until it is firm. If it does jiggle, just leave the cake in the over for another few minutes, but keep your eye on it so it does not burn. Can you tell me more, for example the fat content, is it greek? So happy your family loved it , I love this cake! Pop in oven for 45 mins, or until golden and skewer comes out clean. I'm Elena. The best apple cake recipe you'll ever try! Sprinkle apple slices with cinnamon sugar. Made this cake. Most apples will work well in this recipe so you can choose your own adventure. Cutting apples into slices to top your apple cake is simple. I already had a few good apple cake recipes, but I wanted to try something new. Please do not use my images without prior permission. TIPS FOR MAKING APPLE CAKE. Even better was that it was very easy to make a gluten free version for my allergic son. So glad your family loved this recipe, Ellen! If you don’t have a lid on your dish, cover with a piece of tinfoil until the cake is cooled. They’ve suggested whipping cream, whipped cream cheese, half and half. Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie.