Find out more about browser cookies. Luckily you have good possibilities to minimize the risks if you secure chests of drawers and other furniture to the wall – even in rooms where the children don’t spend much time. A traditional look combined with modern function like quiet, smooth-running drawers. We just purchased our third Hemnes dresser. But, by always securing your chest of drawers to the wall you can prevent and minimize the risks for children who explore the world. This chest includes tipover-prevention hardware that MUST BE ATTACHED TO THE WALL per the assembly instructions. The medium drawer holds about 10 pairs of folded pants or 20 T-shirts. Just fill the holes with putty when you want to move your chest of drawers, or are moving to another home. In addition, many adults, especially elderly, hurt themselves badly, sometimes fatally, in accidents with furniture that tip over. I didn’t even think to check the material on the all white one. Perfect height and love the almost distressed look of the white stain. Bought this a few weeks ago. It looks good and is an excellent value. I like how one of the drawers are bigger than the rest because I can fit a lot of clothes in it. Not the same as others in the Hemnes line. It works great for what I need. We got this to replace an older dresser. The other Hemnes pieces I bought were sturdy and easy to build, but this dresser truly was a disappointment. Psst! That’s why hardware is included so that you can attach the chest of drawers to the wall. If you want to organize inside, you can complement with SVIRA box, set of 3. I say this because you have to use the Classic nails in the back of the furniture unlike the newer ones that have Screws and Teeth. Particleboard, Acrylic paint, Paper foil, Plastic edging, Particleboard, Paper foil, Plastic edging. Children are curious and creative. A child learning to walk usually likes to heave up against a chest of drawers by pulling a handle, and can thereby make it tip over. Only one price needs two ppl to construct. Psst! She loves it! When your child begins to crawl and climb, the whole home turns into an exciting adventure land. More people than one might think are injured every year in accidents with tipping furniture. I waited months to get this dresser, and it was worth the wait. This item ikeaa IKEA HEMNES 6-Drawer Chest, White Stain , Hodedah HI70DR Cherry Chest of Drawers with Locks. No clue what I can do now. When you buy a chest of drawers from IKEA you should always follow the assembly instructions and secure it with the accompanied fittings. The quality is good for the price and it is bigger than our older one. White Monterey 5 Drawer Chest. Made of solid wood, which is a durable and warm natural material. IKEA - HEMNES, 6-drawer chest, white, Of course your home should be a safe place for the entire family. The size of the drawers is perfect for a variety of items. I got it home and started putting it together and it’s cheap particle board. Here we unravel some common myths and misconceptions that explain why not all chests of drawers have been secured to the wall. It was a large job but ultimately do-able, but definitely would be easier with 2 people. No one is answering the telephone. It was easy to assemble. The drawers move smoothly and are very deep. It means that a small child that stands, sits or climbs on an open drawer can cause a large chest of drawers to tip over if it’s not secured – despite the child’s low weight. Perhaps you remember the principle of leverage from the physics lessons in school? I left it for my son when I moved. Available for delivery in select locations. People are injured in these kinds of accidents every year. That’s how they learn new things and discover the world around them. This is a huge mistake on IKEA's part. I tackled putting this together by myself. Bought this dresser along with several other Hemnes items for my room. But, it doesn’t replace securing the furniture to the wall. The IKEA website uses cookies, which make the site simpler to use. This chest includes tipover-prevention hardware that MUST BE ATTACHED TO THE WALL per the assembly instructions. Just because they are older doesn’t mean it’s all safe. That’s why a chest of drawers – no matter model or size – can be a hazard if it isn’t secured to the wall. HEMNES 6-drawer chest, dark gray gray stained, 42 1/2x51 5/8". Wipe clean using a damp cloth and a mild cleaner. Fits great in our WIC , east to assemble , looks lovely. Prevent tip-over injury or death. But, latching drawers and doors can’t replace securing the furniture and doesn’t eliminate all risks. It looks great and with care will last. I bought this same dresser in 2016, loved it. I looked on the website and they totally bury it in the product info. I got it home and started putting it together and it’s cheap particle board. We love the Hemnes collection! You must enable JavaScript to shop on IKEA.ca. An uneven floor, a carpet edge or a thick wall-to-wall carpet can also cause instability and tipping accidents. IKEA Hemnes Nightstand Gray Dark Gray Stained 003.817.35 Size 18 1/8x13 3/4" I waited months to get this dresser, and it was worth the wait. Particleboard, Acrylic paint, Paper foil, Plastic edging, Particleboard, Paper foil, Plastic edging. If several drawers are opened at the same time, the center of gravity moves. Chat is not available. Feel free to spread some of the knowledge we are sharing here. Low furniture can tip too and risk injuring someone. That’s why a chest of drawers – no matter model or size – can be a hazard if it isn’t secured to the wall. Smooth running drawers with pull-out stop. But, they easily forget. Between 2006 and 2016 approximately 47,000 children under the age of 18 had to seek medical care in the US because of accidents with tipping chests of drawers (source: Consumer Product Safety Commission, Nov 2017). Hard to assemble, drawers make noise, one wood plank was delivered broken and glued!!! I just assumed it was the same as all the rest. But, it also contributes to children 1-7 years old being more accident-prone. It takes considerably longer to put this piece of furniture together, but it looks amazing. I'm actually really enjoying using this! I bought the first piece because I was looking for a solid wood dresser. Another mistake we sometimes make is to put too many or too heavy things in the front of the drawers. As a parent, it’s hard to keep an eye on your children at all times. It looks great and with care will last. That’s all well. I like how one of the drawers are bigger than the rest because I can fit a lot of clothes in it. No clue what I can do now. As a parent, it’s hard to keep an eye on your children at all times. View and Download IKEA Hemnes 6-drawer white stain assembly instructions manual online. The big drawer holds about 15 pairs of folded pants or 30 T-shirts. WARNING! Furniture with included restraints must be secured to the wall according to the product’s assembly instructions. If several drawers are opened at the same time, the center of gravity moves. It was easy to assemble. Instructions a little sketchy at times but not bad. The top board split in half when I tried to install it the way showed in the manual. Like the fact that a pulled out drawer works like a lever. The instructions were sufficient and I didn't have any major issues. This chest of drawers has a genuine character that lasts with each passing year. I just assumed it was the same as all the rest. I bought the first piece because I was looking for a solid wood dresser. Use fixing devices suitable for the walls in your home. I then bought a white stained Hemnes. Hemnes 6-drawer white stain indoor furnishing pdf manual download. I wait for hours, listening to repetitive music and no human is answering. It isn’t just children who accidentally tip over chests of drawers and risk injuries. You can see stock availability and delivery options at checkout. Unfortunately, many accidents happen when you lack foresight. When your child begins to crawl and climb, the whole home turns into an exciting adventure land. What am I supposed to do??? Prevent tip-over injury or death. Please attach to the wall. The drawers are deep and glide smoothly. When we develop our furniture, we do everything we can to make them as stable and safe as possible. This is a very nice piece of furniture.