Allowing you to focus on the road and traffic conditions. As usual, I like it for its capacity as a trainer, and even though I fear it can be outgrown rather quickly, ya gots (sic) to start somewhere.”, My wife and fellow motorcycle writer, Allyn Hinton, says, "I like the fact that you can get an entry-level bike now that doesn’t look like grandma’s motorcycle. The CBR300R follows a rather race-tastic, streetbike form that will help new riders gain a feel for that type of bike. 1) It only costs a base MSRP of $4,699. And while that free-spinning character can get the adrenaline pumping as revs rise, it’s also an engine that works well in ‘real-world’ road riding conditions, both around town and out on the highway. You get the narrow overall width and power advantages of a single along with the smoothness of a multi-cylinder bike. This Combined ABS is a Honda-original brake system in which the front/rear wheel interlocking brake generates a braking force ideally distributed between front and rear wheels, and high deceleration is obtained when the foot brake is applied, but this system assumes a sports ride when the hand brake is applied (on the front wheel), thus allowing the front brake to function independently. From around 5000rpm it starts to go, with another lift at 6000rpm and then a strong surge at 7500rpm. Honda CB125R - Closely related and uber popular 125cc version with 13 bhp. Well, according to the factory anyway. All Rights Reserved, � Copyright TopSpeed. While I am at a loss to explain it, I confess I have a certain affinity for beginner bikes, and “one-design” race categories that remove hardware advantages and force racers to win based on nothing but their own skills and bravery, which is arguably the purest form of competition.These days, training bikes come in various forms, and whether it’s dirt, street or track that you’re interested in, chances are better than ever that you will find one appropriate for your particular needs. Motorcycle / ATV / UTV & PowerSports Reviews, News, Pictures, Videos + More! it be positioned perfectly within the chassis for an ideal front / rear weight distribution. The CB300R features a balanced 49.6/50.4 front/rear weight bias. Along the same lines, riders with greater aptitude may outgrow the 300 fairly quickly, so be sure to take care of it to maintain resale value for when it’s time to upgrade. A 35cc hike makes one hell of a difference when the starting point was only 250cc. A newly-developed resin-molded brake pad with the same effectiveness as a sintered pad has been introduced to realize a brake system that makes the rider feel secure whenever they use it during an urban ride, long-distance touring, or a sports ride. Best of all, since most new riders could also be new mechanics, the engine comes laid out with ease of maintenance in mind with easy access to the valve adjusters, oil fill and filter and rear brake fluid reservoir. By Steve Farrell. Read what they have to say and what they like and dislike about the bike below. A six-speed tranny helps keep the rpm within the usable powerband, and it sends the power to the rear wheel via chain drive. Naturally, a rematch with the Kawasaki Ninja 300 is in order. Eazi-Grip tank grips review | transform your bike without picking up a spanner! cbr300r review. The choice of DOHC contributes to improved product appeal as a sports bike as well as to performance. Get access to exclusive deals, updates on manufacturer rebates, and product reviews and test drives, Get the #1 bike insurance for as little as $75 per year with Progressive**. Well, the 2020 Honda CBR300R is a small-displacement sportbike that touches on all counts. Its compact size also helps create a bike that is lighter and more manageable than a multi-cylinder, and allows it be positioned perfectly within the chassis for an ideal front / rear weight distribution. The CB300R’s engine is designed with a minimum number of moving parts. Fun to ride, a joy to own and representing a bold new direction for smaller displacement machines, the CB300R has many of the premium features found on its larger capacity siblings. I’ve been riding motorcycles since I was 15 years old, and when I started DukeOfDC it was during a really difficult time in my life. Is it the highest output engine in its class? The seating position is very comfortable and so is the seat. Every tree needs a trunk, and the 2019 CBR300R not only acts as the trunk to so many riders motorcycle lineage, but it has also directly led to a shift in the industry as a whole. Great first bike - very easy to ride and good fun - not so much power that you will get into trouble but plenty there to enjoy. 6. With the two marques owned by the... Frank Melling is an old-school moto journalist and former factory racer. With the trend moving in the smaller displacement range, a 300 cc bike could be a fun bike without the idea of outgrowing it. It’s a great choice whether you’re using your new bike as a commuter or just riding it for fun, since it helps you stop with added confidence. I do wish it was an actual 300cc and had a bit more power to be better compete against the other bikes in the category. Surprisingly good pulling power from the little 286cc lump. H Bauer Publishing are authorised and regulated for credit broking by the FCA (Ref No. While many of us considered the Honda CB300F to be an ideal novice and urban commuter bike, Honda has redoubled its efforts to appeal to that market segment with the new 2019 Honda CB300R. “Honestly, I don’t get to say this often enough in my estimation, but this is one sharp-looking Honda. They aren’t adjustable, other than spring-preload on the rear shock, but that’s likely a good idea. It's Honda's trusted, reliable build quality. The aluminum fat bar-style handlebars turn through a 40° radius and the 2.3m turning radius guarantees easy passage in jammed city traffic. You’ll never have to sacrifice power for a platform to learn the fundamentals of riding. The Pro-Link rear suspension has a functional advantage in that the cushion stroke length increases at a greater rate in proportion to the stroke length of the rear axle portion. cbr300r specs. Signup for Honda PowerSports News / Model Updates! And the narrow design makes it easier to sit on the bike and get both feet on the ground. Honda’s original new-generation crankshaft mechanism was used to realize an engine full of high-quality feel while maintaining high output. T.J got an early start from his father and other family members who owned and rode motorcycles, and by helping with various mechanical repairs throughout childhood. All registered in England and Wales. The chassis can happily cope with the 30bhp motor it’s hugging, but the suspension is crudely effective rather than deft. Even experienced riders can’t seem to wipe the smile off their face after a ride on this modestly-sized machine. To ensure that output characteristics are stress-free and powerful from low to high rpm ranges, charging efficiency was improved. It is an awesome little bike, though and definitely in the range of the budget-minded or folks looking to stick a toe in the water, as it were, on two wheels. Bore and stroke are set at 76 x 63mm, with a compression ratio of 10.7:1. Our Anti-Lock Braking System (standard on the 2020 CB300R) can be a big help in making controlled stops in less-than-ideal conditions, like on wet pavement or other compromised surfaces. Review. That planted a seed that grew into a well-rounded appreciation of all things mechanical, and eventually, into a formal education of same. As well as all of the technology that’s used and knowing what or why this was designed that way versus another. Get access to exclusive deals, reviews and test drives, and updates on manufacturer rebates. The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form. All of the changes that make the 2019 Honda CB300R a flawless urban motorcycle also make it quite fun in the canyons. While we had an early look at the machine, it’s an early 2019 release.