Because of this distinction, you may safely use it on your bagels even after its sell by date or best by date has lapsed (see above table). These molds and other bacteria can build toxins that can cause small harm.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'bestkitchenguides_com-leader-3','ezslot_12',145,'0','0'])); The extend to get sick means the cream cheese is extremely rotten again which is impossible to eat. The best way to extend the shelf life of your cream cheese, and make sure it lasts as long as possible, is to store it correctly—and that means keeping cream cheese refrigerated. The consistency: Appearance of the top packaging of the cream cheese to be slimy or soft instead of firm, its a sign of spoiling cream cheese.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'bestkitchenguides_com-leader-1','ezslot_15',141,'0','0'])); Always it’s better to follow the recommended storage and time to use the cream cheese. Cream Cheese will last for about 3-4 weeks longer than any "best by" date printed on the package, depending on the following variables. If the temperatures are above 90 °F, then the cream cheese can sit out the fridge for 1 hour before starting to spoil. Long story short, I got involved in other things, and mentally decided to make the cheesecake the next day but forgot I had left it on the counter. Spoiled cream cheese can cause food poisoning to human beings and this why is important to use only fresh cream cheese. It is often mixed with vegetables and/or fish or even nuts. Although some molds on cheese are harmless, some may produce toxins and soft cheeses should be tossed at the first signs of mold. I hope this post answers the question, How long can cream cheese sit out the fridge? Plastic containers and foil packaging preserve the moisture content of cream cheese and shield the cream cheese from other causes of spoilage. If you leave it at room temperature or expose it to temperatures of 40oF and above, you should expect to find it … Not a good idea, these soft cheeses like cream cheese or cottage cheese mold can grow and penetrate deeper than you think. This is possible for hardy or semisoft types of cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and Colby.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'bestkitchenguides_com-leader-2','ezslot_10',144,'0','0'])); Eating a spoiled cream cheese wont kill you but there are health issues that can develop since people’s immune systems can differ. Here are some of the most asked questions. In general, the harder the cheese the longer it keeps. All rights reserved. Plastic containers and foil packaging preserve the moisture content of cream cheese and shield the cream cheese from other causes of spoilage. The first thing you will notice is the appearance of the cream cheese. Soft cheeses such as cream cheese, cottage cheese, shredded cheeses, and goat cheese must be refrigerated for safety. Bacon, Uncooked: 7 days Beef Roast, Steaks or Ribs, Uncooked: 3 to 5 days Chicken, Cooked (including rotisserie): 3 to 4 days Chicken, Uncooked: 1 to 2 days Eggs, Hard Boiled: 1 week Eggs, Raw: 3 to 5 weeks Egg Salad: 3 to 5 days Fish, Cooked: 3 to 4 days Fish, Uncooked: 1 to 2 days Ground Beef, Cooked: 3 to 4 days There are several ways to know if the cream cheese has gone bad to discard it. How long does cream cheese last after being frozen and thawed? Cream cheese is used for different cooking purposes and baking. Bestkitchenguides.com Copyright © 2020. I like cooking that's why I decided to share my views on various kitchen subjects. In addition, we scoured the web for informative articles and reports related to food safety, food storage and the shelf life of Cream Cheese. Copyright © 2012 EatByDate LLC. Use airtight containers for storage in the fridge. If it tastes okay, then it means the cream cheese is still fresh and fit for consumption. After this time, they recommend getting rid of the cream cheese.