They did everything they could to make it right. Silence is golden too. The jacket was light so I guess the iPhone bore the brunt of the cold and got a bit of wind chill too since I was running. I think I understand your point, (in an emergency you want your mobile to work) – but having a mobile phone shouldn’t cancel-out being responsible & also prepared, most especially if you have bad asthma…& like to jog alone in remote or thinly populated areas…in the cold…& can only afford an iphone. They even gave me more money. I think this is an apple issue, not a weather issue. Got home, plugged it in, and when it finally started up, showed 65%. My phone hasn’t come on after that and it’s been now about an hour and a half inside in the warmth and I’ve been charging it the whole time. It’s nice having an aluminum bodied cellphone for the light weight and durability but maybe that’s one reason why Steve Jobs canned that idea after the first iPhone. purchasing processes are both easy and efficient. Shipping came in 2 days. Recently it seems to be shutting down more often and more suceptible to cold. It is 18 degrees outside, not including the windchill. 883 1 1 gold badge 8 8 silver badges 23 23 bronze badges. After finishing the ride and getting in my car, I powered the iPhone on and it came on at 97%. today i was going to the park and my mother wanted to me to take some photos and when I was taking the first photo it shut down!!!!!! Good point, Al. I currently have an iPhone 6S, awaiting the iPhone X. The long and short of it is that these phones are designed to read batteries at a certain temperature and too much cold does affect how accurate it is. Apple specifies that their batteries work best at a range of 0 degrees Celsius to 35 degrees Celsius. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Each phone is impacted differently depending on your charging habits. If not for the metal backing, this wouldn’t be an issue. It is now working in great condition and I have had a very good experience with Orchard! I believe this is iphone’s long lasting issue Apple never resolved. I recommend this company as an option if you are in the market for an Used iPhone. pick-up, it was a smooth process. THIS week's surprise UK heatwave is great news for sun-chasing Brits – but it's bad news if you get this dangerous iPhone warning. It had charged all night and was at or near 100% at that time. really well before selling them to you, and are in very good working condition. I am now also selling my old iPhone through them, which has also been an easy process. And yeah, I’ve asked my friends who don’t have an iphone & they usually quite smirkingly reply that they’ve had no such problems. The battery (for me and many others apparently when doing searches on this issue) simply cuts off, it doesn’t drain. My iphone has the same symptom, as well as my old iphone, which is iphone 4S. I put sim cards into both my 4s and 5s. I didn’t even have to plug it in or charge it. site and the customer service and follow up are amazing and thorough. Why would the galaxy not have the same problem if they use the same battery. Other than that, we both like our phones…but also think that for what you invest into your iphone, this battery problem really shouldn’t exsist. The FUT 21 Black Friday event as started early, with EA SPORTS releasing a 'best of' TOTW squad to celebrate pre-Black Friday, here are all the players included in the squad and more info about the promo. My phone died on me today here in Oslo, it was 12-14 degrees Celsius and quite warm for this time of year.. My phone has died a lot during the winter in anything from 0 degrees to -15 degrees, but not in this “warm” temperature. Incredibly frustrated with my iPhone6. Will consider selling to Orchard in the future and would recommend to everyone! On my phone it has issues at 40 degrees F and lower and at about 30% charge. I do have a Mophie case on it and will turn it on and put it in all the other stuff today on my hike. same here, I try to use my iPhone during ski and the phone turns off and it was only properly -5 degree. We suggest checking out the Anker PowerCore+ mini, which can add over 14 hours of battery life to your iPhone. That’s happened to mine. If the charge port is obstructed it can prevent it from charging properly. It was over 20% when I was inside the building, but I took a walk outside. I am so happy with their services and my iPhone that I bought from them. When i then check it again, it shows 20%. On its support page, Apple recommends using iOS gadgets (like iPhones and iPads) where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C. And while the current peak of 28º C may fool you into thinking your handset is safe, that could quickly change for the worse in certain conditions. Recently is just shuts down even when I am inside my home at 22 C. I have known it to shutdown in winters when it gets to below 0 C in Stockholm. pleased to find a Canadian company that served my needs. Fast shipping considering our. Instead of keeping your brightness on high, which forces the battery to work harder, buy a glare screen that lets you see your screen in the sun. Orchard was very courteous and only adjusted the sale price ever so slightly. Winter weather can be beautiful, but a dead iPhone is a sad thing. exact same thing. The moment you see the Temperature warning screen you should turn off your device immediately. Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), In direct sunlight for an extended period of time, When using certain features outdoors, such as GPS tracking or navigation in a car, or using a graphics-intensive game or app. So I Can literally only listen to music when I am outside in the Winter. Has anyone else had this issue with temp well above freezing? From the purchase to the. within 3 days, and the Orchard team kept me updated on its shipping. Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team?