1 year ago. I've spoken to many recruiters who will explain the type of interview you're going on, and offer helpful tips (they want you to get this job, remember!). An obvious answer but the best way to prepare for an interview with HTML/CSS/SQL/JS is to learn HTML/CSS/SQL/JS. I've been looking up sites for information on how to prepare and what to expect in the interview. Dont worry to much about is the keyword. Posted by 5 years ago. My friend introduced me to Glassdoor recently, its a great idea. They are most likely going to ask you some questions that you cant answer and when that happens just remember that "I dont know" is a perfectly good answer, maybe even make a note of checking it out. Convince them with your projects. Press J to jump to the feed. How can I convince them beside not having an actual CV to show? I've finally finished college and am about to look for a Web Development job in the real world. Even if you don't fully understand of have the textbook definition down... try to explain what you DO understand about a question that stumps you. This questions are not suited for advanced developers, its only suited for recent graduates or junior developers. Yea, better to at least try well and give it your best shot rather than saying 'pass'. Archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. You won't learn it without actually coding in it either, so practice on jsbin. Do you think it would be rude to ask what to expect? She did finish it off by saying any questions please ask but I think it would be a bit much to ask if there'd be a test or not. When you think of it you're turning the negative of not knowing the task but also showing them that you're interesting and willing to learn. I've been looking up sites for information on how to prepare and what to expect in the interview. Hi guys, I've finally finished college and am about to look for a Web Development job in the real world. I won't find out more about the interview until the day before unfortunately so I've no idea what to expect. For more design-related questions, try /r/web_design. Yes, it might calm my nerves if I can get some more information on what to expect. 7 Web Developer Interview Questions and Answers . In general for coding interviews buying this book is a must. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Press J to jump to the feed. Cookies help us deliver our Services. If it's a graduate position the interview will be fairly relaxed, they'll just be seeing who you are as a person and deciding if you would pick things up quickly. Be prepared to answer some basic questions about JavaScript and modifying the DOM. A good answer is one where they do more than just gripe about someone else’s work. Tell us something about yourself.… Press J to jump to the feed. The average salary of a junior web developer is currently $65,000 per year. This question will help you find out how a candidate plans to support the team and what tasks they will take ownership of. Interview Questions as Junior Web developer. Posted by. However, this number can increase greatly if you rise through the ranks to become a senior web developer. Someone also mentioned here something similiar, but expanding it to "I don't know, but I'm interested in knowing more about it". I have no work experience but doing my CS study part time. Post a Job. Archived. What are the responsibilities of a web developer? Hot New Top Rising. After a phone screening and doing a short JavaScript challenge, the company invited me for an in-person interview next week. You are here: Home / Latest Articles / Web / Top 17 Web Developer Interview Questions & Answers. Since your HTML and CSS is very good already then I would focus on buckling down and reading 1 good technical book each on SQL and JS. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I have no work experience but doing my CS study part time. here are some compiled listshttps://github.com/h5bp/Front-end-Developer-Interview-Questionshttps://github.com/khan4019/front-end-Interview-Questions. Interview Questions as Junior Web developer. So far I've been contacted by a recruiter who asked me about college/projects/freelance work (no in-detail conversation about technique etc as she wasn't familiar with coding, as she was only a recruiter) but next week I'm going to have an onsite interview with the person I'd may hopefully be working with. webdev: reddit for web developers r/ webdev. Skilled web developers will offer real solutions to practical issues, such as how to improve load times or optimize the user experience. Close. Just going through a list of JS interview questions out of context won't give you the full picture like a book would and you won't really learn the language that way. Few questions on preparing for a Web Developer Job Interview. 1. Web development is expected to enjoy a 10 year job growth rate of 27% by 2024 to total an estimated 188,000 web development jobs. So tomorrow I will have an interview for a position as Junior Web Developer. And I agree, sometimes you just don't know, everyone doesn't know something! Cheers for the reply. u/LP2222. Next, check Glassdoor and see if the company has interview questions posted, this can give you an idea of what to expect. For more design-related questions, try /r/web_design. Being self taught can be an advantage of you show them your smart and able to learn new ideas. My fear is that I'd be asked multiple questions on the spot about fine details in each language. They're going to ask you "what's your experience with [language]" so casually rehearse good answers to all of those possibilities. A community dedicated to all things web development: both front-end and back-end. My HTML and CSS is very good but I haven't touched SQL and JS in awhile, which I explained to the recruiter and she said that was ok, but I'm sure my employer wouldn't just say 'ok' about that and would expect good knowledge there also. These questions are combination from all the interview i went through. I also want to echo the "don't be afraid to say I don't know" sentiment... the worst programmers are the people who think they know everything or are unwilling to learn/grow/adapt to situations. They honestly wont expect too much from you but they will expect the basics of course. Program test and debug all web applications ; Design, develop, test and deploy web applications; Uploading … So tomorrow I will have an interview for a position as Junior Web Developer. The requirements state knowledge needed in HTML/CSS/SQL/JS as well as the standard must be enthusiastic/team-player/hard-worker/organised type things. A community dedicated to all things web development: both front-end and back-end. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://github.com/h5bp/Front-end-Developer-Interview-Questions, https://github.com/khan4019/front-end-Interview-Questions. This will help give them insight into how you think about problems... which I've found is something every company is looking to find out about candidates. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. r/webdev: A community dedicated to all things web development: both front-end and back-end. I'm just after getting a confirmation email about where and when etc but nothing about the actual interview. Posts Web Dev Discord FAQs. Be able to explain your code on GitHub or wherever you're keeping it. I don't think I'm that ready yet. However what are some Answers or points of mine that I should raise to improve my chance of getting the job? thank you very much. I have been doing some Angular/React stuff in the past year and feel confident doing that. 16. This web developer interview question asks about the candidate’s awareness of current issues in web development, as well as their own problem-solving abilities. This cheat-sheet is NOT designed to get you hired, in fact, it's designed to do the opposite. Primarily, I am screening for (1) work-life-balance (2) professional advancement and (3) comfort/happiness. 6. Hot. Join. Close. I have been doing some Angular/React stuff in the past year and feel confident doing that. Whats the best way to prepare? It's designed for … Ah this is handy! Disclaimers: Before we dive into the cheat-sheet, a few important disclaimers. Few questions on preparing for a Web Developer Job Interview . By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Hour longs interview X2 with many people and a lot of problem solving.