On your stove in a pan, saute the onion, garlic, and spices first. ★☆ And as a thank you, I will give you a FREE copy of my e-Cookbook to get started! Thank you! How to Get Rid of Turmeric Stains Your Dishes, Lines, Counters, and Fingers, Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Butternut Squash, Wild Rice Salad with Apple and Pomegranate, Air Fryer French Fries with Seasoned Salt, Stewed Zucchini with Tomatoes and Chickpeas. Spent 4 hours (or more) yesterday just looking at recepies from your website and how to make and I absolutely loved it. ★☆ 1- You must rinse the rice to get rid of excess starch which causes rice to be sticky (Lebanese rice is not meant to be sticky). However, you can start with something like 1/2 to 1 teaspoon. Your email address will not be published. Test to see if you can easily break a grain of rice by simply placing it between your thumb and index finger. Add the spices and rice. GREAT DISH. There is but a pinch of salt to season this rice. Basmati does make a frequent appearance, though! Welcome to The Mediterranean Dish, your #1 resource for Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle. ★☆ I've been known to eat this turmeric rice simply with a side of White Bean Salad with Cherry Tomatoes or Chickpea Cucumber Salad. Add the garlic, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper, and rice to the pot. Add a bit of toasted pine nuts, and you have the best side of rice… Her easy vegan recipes have been featured on NBC News, Parade, VegNews, BuzzFeed, MSN, Greatist, PureWow, Brides, LIVEKINDLY, Insider, Brit+Co, Well+Good, and more. ★☆ Note: if you would like to make this recipe with long-grain brown rice, you will need to add about ½ cup extra water. Lift up the lid and lay a clean dish towel over the top. Fluff the rice with a fork and fold in the pine nuts and cilantro. I stumbled accidentally to your website and wow what a wonderful thing it was. But it's not very desirable when it comes to fabrics, counters, and skin. Serve. You are very sweet, Tania! We enjoy it as a side dish and sometimes I even bulk it up with chicken or beef and make it as a mean meal. In this case, we have toasted pine nuts and fresh cilantro. Has the vermicelli pasta been cooked before you start this recipe? Remove the pot from the heat. Hi Helen – So glad to hear that!! When I was brave enough to fly solo, I started treading on trendy foodie territory and built an Instagram page with over 2 MILLION followers. So I cooked all day today with my daughter a few courses from your website including the rice and wow it was amazing and my friends and relatives who came to dinner absolutely loved every dish. Stir frequently for a couple of minutes until the rice starts to look translucent. Saute onions in olive oil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and allow the rice to gently simmer until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender. Leftover rice can be refrigerated for a week. traditionally, this recipe uses white rice. Add the onions and saute until softened and slightly translucent. Thank you, Sharon! I have lots of lemons at the moment, so do you think it would be OK to use lemon slices in the bottom of the pot if you don't have tomatoes handy? What kind of white rice do you use? Hemp seeds will work well. Mediterranean Yellow Rice is seasoned with garlic, cumin, and cilantro. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories! The combination of rice and lentils is not uncommon in many countries of the Mediterranean. I don’t own a Dutch oven. This versatile recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free. - In a medium non-stick cooking pot, heat the olive oil on medium-high. Add the vermicelli and continuously stir to toast it evenly. This Tomato Rice Pilaf is a staple Mediterranean recipe that I make for my kids all the time. Now I have hundreds of real good food recipes that will make you and your family feel oh-so good! Place a clean dish towel under the lid. This Mediterranean butter rice has just the right hint of butter and lots of extra flavor from the stock. Pine nut are a bit pricy all over, at the moment, unfortunately. If you end up with yellow anywhere it shouldn't be, check out the guide How to Get Rid of Turmeric Stains Your Dishes, Lines, Counters, and Fingers. Rice Pilaf is one of my favorite side dishes EVER! ONLY CHANGE I MADE WAS TO USE PARSLEY. Stir for a couple of minutes until the rice starts to turn translucent. Get started today on the world's healthiest Diet!! Please use #feelgoodfoodie and tag me @feelgoodfoodie on the photo via: So far so good. Please join me and our growing community!