When done return them to the fridge or the freezer to harden. Food & Wine is part of the Meredith Corporation Allrecipes Food Group. These sound so nice! Either on top, or inside w/ crushed peanuts on top of them. Back to Healthy Coconut Flour Peanut Butter Balls. Love snack balls – coconut oil always saves the day! We’ve assembled a list of 50 of the world’s most reliable, inexpensive wines – bottles that offer amazing quality for their price year in and year out. Stirred, then returned to the microwave for another 30 seconds until fully melted. Both would work. Melt together 2 cups peanut butter and ¼ cup butter or coconut oil in a large microwave safe bowl. Thanks! I actually used chopped pieces of a bar of 90% dark chocolate, which gives me that cocoa hit with very little refined sugar. My most popular recipe on the blog is my Macadamia and Coconut Protein Truffles, a spin on the very delicious Bounce Ball version. I do like using dates for some natural sweetness too. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. These look great and little powerhouse balls on nutrition! and could these be frozen for use at a later time? In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) Thanks for the recipe, I will definitly be making these for friends and family.. P.S: I was talking to my husband while making these and I think I might have done a 1/2 too much P.S, I'm not sure, but boy are these sweet...Next time I might cut back on the P.S.. I just substituted with coconut oil. I actually used chopped pieces of a bar of 90% dark chocolate, which gives me that cocoa hit with very little refined sugar. Also, they are easily portable and can be popped into your bag for when you are out and about. I am trying really hard to lose a few lbs before my birthday. 3 tbsp peanut butter 3 tbsp coconut oil 12 dates 1/2 cup oats pinch rock salt handful of dark or milk chocolate chips (optional) Think peanut butter cup but better! All Rights Reserved. Roll dough into 1 teaspoon size balls and refrigerate them or freeze them until the are stiff. Thank you. I chose the coconut oil because it is healthier, and no, you can't taste it. Food and Wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online. Thanks so much for your response! Ha! Dip the cold peanut butter balls in the chocolate and place them back on the wax paper. (Use an electric beater for this step if it's too difficult to mix by hand.). Microwave for 30 seconds and stir together. These look sooo yummy! These sound lovely. When I made them, I put the chilled peanut butter ball on a toothpick and dipped into chocolate leaving a little peanut butter poking out in the center like an 'eyeball'- I wanted to know if anyone thinks these would still be as good if I used white chocolate chips or vanilla almond bark instead of milk chocolate, and then added some red food coloring 'blood shot' marks to make these look like scary Halloween Eyeballs... Ideas or thoughts? We are all peanut butter nuts!! When I’m busy I don’t tend to snack unless something is there, but then I end up starving and bolting my dinner, probably eating twice as much. you mix it in with the peanut butter, and powdered sugar. I need to try and get back into the snacking habit again. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or more to allow the balls to chill and firm up. If I make something like this I either eat them very quickly, or freeze them and then forget about them! Does making your own homemade snacks appeal to you or do you prefer to buy them? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This simple to make Peanut Butter Balls Recipe is a simple to make treat that is perfect for gift giving! The healthy fats from the coconut oil and the peanut butter definitely make these filling and nourishing for your body. love the blog, new visitor will definitely be back! Stir gently to combine, then drizzle the mixture over the chilled peanut butter balls. Bounce Balls are very tasty, but so expensive to have on a regular basis. Website designed by Jemma Andrew-Adiamah 2019 All content © Unconditionally Nourished 2010-2019, Not only are these vegan, but you could make them gluten-free by using gluten-free porridge oats. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Amanda, I am contemplating using coconut oil too, but I don't want coconut-flavored peanut butter balls. Those look so good Amanda! Think Peanut Butter cup but better! The shop bought ones can be expensive. Yum! These healthy peanut butter-chocolate treats are naturally gluten-free. And I bet they’re so filling because of the fat and protein content . Can you taste the coconut? It’s nice to know that I’ve got something healthy on hand to tide me over when hunger strikes. Recently I’ve been on a bit of a mission to prepare lots of snacks and stock up the fridge and freezer with food before our little one arrives. Thank you! Healthy Coconut Flour Peanut Butter Balls. and place them on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 30 seconds, or until the mixture begins to stiffen. Add the coconut flour and mix until a soft dough forms. What are your favourite go-to snacks? These look great for a protein boost and would make an ideal snack. Mix in 2 ½ cups powdered sugar and vanilla until dough forms. . I don't have coconut oil, anything I can substitute with? My husband LOVES Reese's peanut butter cups. Great idea. It combines two of my favourite ingredients of all time, coconut oil and peanut butter…what’s not to love? One step ahead of ya! thank you very much, my dad would love this, Hey Amanda, One of my kiddos is allergice to milk, eggs and peanuts. When the mixture becomes smooth gently stir in chocolate chips. We love the stuff! HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT | RECIPE INDEX | ADVERTISE |MEDIA KIT. ~Liz. I just love no bake snacks like this as they are easy to whip up when you are short on time and you can just store them in the fridge or freezer for a rainy day or when you get an attack of the munchies. Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Peanut Butter Pie, oh Peanut butter! They are easy to recreate at home though which is great! Learn how your comment data is processed. So this is a great fix!!! The kids and I hit the kitchen for something easy this weekend. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. p.s. I can taste the coconut, but I like it so much I might put shredded coconut in them some how. Store them in a covered container in the refrigerator. In a large, separate bowl, combine the oats, chia seeds, 1/4 cup of the shredded coconut, and salt. Stir gently to combine, then drizzle the mixture over the chilled peanut butter balls. Made them tonight for a bake sale at church!!! Can I have one for breakfast? Not only are these vegan, but you could make them gluten-free by using gluten-free porridge oats. Shape the mixture into balls by rolling it in your hands. My mother's family is from Ohio and we call them buckeye's!!! The addition of chocolate is optional and gives you a chance to control the sugar content. In a small pan, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil over medium heat. Totally agree Lauren. These are the best!!!! I did this in the microwave for 30 seconds. Although, I may have snuck a nibble. The addition of chocolate is optional and gives you a chance to control the sugar content. I used coconut oil in the PB mix and the Choc mix. Well the peanut butter blended into these would be great for your taste buds. These are awesome!!!!! I will fix it. Yum, these look so good. Your email address will not be published. Yes Laura it would totally work. It will turn into a dough like pictured above. These look delicious – plus it so versatile you really can make a snack ball out of anything! COPYRIGHT © 2020 A FEW SHORTCUTS ON THE FOODIE PRO THEMEDISCLOSURE - PRIVACY POLICY - TERMS OF SERVICE. I just made these. I love using dates they add a great sweetness and so much better for you. Roll it into teaspoon size balls or whatever size floats your boat. how long do i need to refrigerate them after dipping in the chocolate? A tasty blend of peanut butter and coconut in an easy snack ball recipe that requires no baking! Microwave on high for 30 seconds then stir. I tend to have snack bars in my bag as they can stand being squashed and forgotten about! They are very substantial because of all of those healthy fats. Well....except for me, since I am being super good right now. I have always made a recipe similar, but I like this a lot, and they seem creamier and look like they hold up better than mine. It has been a long week, and we are tired...but we needed something to satisfy our sweet tooth! These Peanut Butter Balls fit right in! … Required fields are marked *. Slideshow: More Healthy Dessert Recipes, Line a plate with parchment paper.