If you know La Croix, you know they carry one of the strongest mouthfeels in the industry, largely due to their ability to reel in the aggressiveness of their carbonation. ©2020 Group Nine Media Inc. All Rights Reserved. The seltzer itself smells sweeter than it actually is. The creaminess toes the line of being too quirky for its own good, but it’s a nice change of pace from the relative blandness of cellar-dwellers like Lime and Ruby Red Grapefruit. If you’re looking for a sparkling lemon water that tastes good on its own, this is it. Please direct all complaints about where I ranked your favorite flavor to mhanson@masslive.com. And yet, this seltzer, as if mimicking the tantalizing, flirtatious interplay between lovers, oscillates between the indulgent, rich tones of lemon and the cloying, sugary syrup to which it pays homage. You make a really good freaking seltzer. It's not bad. This one's tricky to put a pin on. I really thought I was going to like this one a lot more than I did. Seltzer Review | Polar | Pomegranate. Have a seltzer I should review? You can taste some plumes of hibiscus in there. Yeti Mischief definitely has some lemon-lime vibes, like a Sprite without the usual sweetness. But with the decision to go with seltzer comes another paralyzing dilemma facing you in the grocery store aisle: Which flavor do you get? A budget seltzer this is not. We tested over 75 alcoholic seltzer flavors to find the 50 best hard seltzers worth buying now from top brands. Still, this seltzer has kind of a refreshing citrusy vibe. According to the label, the third berry is acai -- because I'm sure the people of New England were clamoring outside Polar HQ for acai to be including as a flavor. Then it opens up with a tremendously clean finish with the lemon. It's light, bubbly and his a bright pop of citrus that shoots off in multiple directions. It’s by far the best flavor you don’t need to root through the grocery store to find, and though it’s likely to get stolen out of your office fridge by a hungover temp, you shouldn’t have any trouble replacing it right away. For all I know it could be asparagus. Heck, it's almost sour. Featured. Whether you’re a penny-pincher or a bubbly water diehard for whom the sparkle of LaCroix is beginning to fade, Polar offers a magical new world of wild and weird flavors that are just as divisive and delectable. It's dense, almost syrupy bouquet creeps close to the cliff of overabundance before guiding the sipper back to a more nuanced and tranquil terminus. It's fine in all dimensions, but blending the two doesn't make them any better. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. But which is best? Retribution is now at hand for said consumer, and the faintly floral aroma and melted popsicle flavor of Triple Berry is their trophy for being right all along. You don't get the exact flavor of blueberry but you can still pick up the vibe. Honestly, there were only a few flavors I disliked, and those are the ones I ranked below normal seltzer. The flavor is a little bit more dull, maybe closer to the lines of grapefruit. $18.87 $ 18. There's not a ton of cranberry in here. Then you get a nice glow from the clementine on the back end. It's an intoxicating scent that belies its absence of artificial sweeteners. At first, I thought this would be a fun combination, but the two varying flavors in here wound up canceling each other out and making an overall muted bottle of bubbles. At first, a mild suggestion of lemon is apparent on the tongue, but it gradually fades to rich vanilla and an airy, coy hint of acidity. Hibiscus Cloudberry (Winter Seasonal). We demand more blueberry; Polar, you can do much better. From there, one identifies a rounding out of the acerbic qualities one might expect, before landing on a piquancy that is unapologetically sweet — but not overly so. I’d keep an eye on whoever drinks this on the reg in the office -- there’s a good chance they’re microdosing 151 throughout the day and you don’t even know it. It just tastes like generic tropical flavors. You don't got precise orange or vanilla. You walked all the way to the Polar section of the beverage aisle and emerged with this? It’s the perfect Thanksgiving beverage, both with its endearing flavor and its ability to serve as a covert delivery system for clear booze. Once that subsides it’s nothing but cheap island vibes. This is pretty neutral. That makes sense, since the actual flavor combinations is "black-bury and cham-pain," according to the label. Regardless, this flavor carries a nice, dry flow of dark berry flavor that really translates well into seltzer form. I don't know how much I'd like this if I wasn't in the midst of a seltzer binge, but I feel pretty good about it now. Too weird to love, too interesting to hate. #RefreshinglyNatural Cranberry Clementine is a bright hit of citrus with a slightly medicinal finish. Instead, it goes right for the nice creamy sweetness with hues of orange around the edge. The company's no spring chicken, considering it's been quenching thirsts in and around its Massachusetts HQ for more than 135 years. It's got a nice splash of bright citrus from the lime that really buoys the deeper berry tones of the cranberry. But overall, it's pretty restrained. Full disclosure: I've historically not been a fan of coconut things. But I think that's because the dragon on the can is purple. If it was a beer at a bougie brewery, it would be that lightly hopped farmhouse ale all the homebrewers and heads sip on quietly while the bros dole out high fives over pastry stouts and hazy IPAs. Was I adopted? New Englanders have long loved the stuff, and the rest of America is slowly seeing the light on account of Polar aggressively shoving their product on the same shelves as LaCroix at a marginally lower price point. However, I wouldn't go so far as to describe the flavor as "lemon." It runs Thursday at noon-ish. It almost tastes hot -- spicy hot. Perhaps it speaks volumes that I liked this flavor way more than the "Be Mine" edition. When was the last time you saw peach soda on the shelf? 128 talking about this. Let me begin by saying I have searched far and wide to find a seltzer I can count on. Strawberry Honeydew (Summer Seasonal). "I ate it so you don't have to" is a regular food column looking at off-beat eats, both good and bad.