These oatmeal protein pancakes are a healthy breakfast or snack, and they're high in natural protein! Any products I mention are items I genuinely like and personally use. Thanks for trying the recipe! Yes, they will freeze well! Can I add Protein Powder to Pancakes: Many protein pancake recipes call for protein powder. It’s a healthy hearty breakfast! Ooh and almond butter! I usually reach for lots of fresh fruit, some melted nut butter, or a thin drizzle of honey or maple syrup. Add the batter into the pan, giving each pancake room to cook evenly. Though I am a certified personal trainer, the workouts I post may not be right for you. Haha and I agree- I never feel like having to deal with the blender in the AM! unflavored or vanilla protein powder of choice. Add the cottage cheese, eggs, water, vanilla, oil and cinnamon to the blender and blend until smooth. Stress-Free Family Meal Planning Cookbook. Sometimes my pancake comes out looking more like scrambled eggs than a pancake, so don’t worry if that happens to you, too! The Little Epicurean contains paid advertising banners and sponsored posts. I am looking for better ways to eat too. Set nonstick skillet over medium heat. I make this recipe, top them with my Gooey Apples and Peanut Butter Frosting…yumsies! Cook until the edges of pancakes are set, about 2-3 minutes. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and made from peas. I haven’t tested it but I think a thicker Greek yogurt would be fine. A 20 oz bag of oat flour will run about $4. This homemade protein pancake mix can be prepped ahead of time. I’m not certain what’s scaring him, but I’m hoping to see him turn a corner before the year is over. super easy with no refined grains or refined sugar. Use the stir and scoop method or use a scale for more accurate measurements. They were super yummy:). I purchased it from Thrive Market. Perfect!! Non-fat dry milk powder is an optional ingredient. Plus, get exclusive recipes, tips, and previews through our weekly newsletter. You may cook these pancakes in advance! Gently reheat in the microwave at half power for 30 second intervals. Do the math and think of the savings of making it at home! Do you know the nutritional information? But for the rest of the year and anytime in between, these protein pancakes have become our go-to! amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Here’s how to make protein pancakes: Blend up your rolled oats until they are powdery. Pancakes are a weekend staple at my house. You just have to retrain your thinking and not expect things to taste like white flour/sugar. These meyer lemon ricotta pancakes … Thank you for this! It can also be keep in the freezer for even longer storage. Pour wet mixture into bowl with dry ingredients. Flip and cook on the other side until golden. Prep Time 5 mins. You can find the recipe here. Run processor until oats have turned into a fine powder. Keep cooked pancakes warm in a low temperature oven (between 250-325 degrees F) for up to 30 minutes before serving. Can I use yogurt instead of cottage cheese? Alternatively, reheat stovetop over medium heat until warmed. This pancake recipe was tested using this plant based protein powder. In another bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and oil. I like to eat my protein pancake after my morning workout (try this cardio arms workout — it’s a good one!). Add a little butter or coconut oil to the skillet and let it melt and start to bubble. Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake and pour onto a hot griddle sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Serve with fresh fruit and real maple syrup, or a low sugar syrup. They're made with whole foods and are just 100 calories and 5 grams protein each. FYI: The protein if using skim milk is 13.2 grams. Your email address will not be published. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Either with bananas, cottage cheese, eggs, etc. I’m trying to get my husband to eat better breakfasts than Cheerios! The oatmeal pancakes take a bit longer so the oats can get fully blended. That kid’s nothing if not persistent! Cuisine: Pancakes. Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sausages. These Easy Protein Pancakes are gluten-free, easy to make, and don’t require a blender! Adjust heat accordingly if pancakes are browning too fast. Great as pancakes and made larger can be used as a wrap. He’s been really resistant to the toilet, despite our efforts at buying a specific lid and offering him a prize if he uses it. I am always starving when I get home, and it hit the spot! ). If the batter does thicken, add one to two tablespoons of milk at a time until the original pourable pancake consistency is achieved. It’s very inexpensive to make homemade oat flour. However, non-dairy alternatives and plant based milks work just as well. More importantly, they keep you full all morning so you don't have to worry about your stomach growling two hours after breakfast. Kodiak’s mix is made with whole grain wheat flour, oat flour, and non-fat dry milk. We pigged out, oinked, added other ingredients and intend to try more add-ins this coming weekend.