Opening Prayer: Psalm 138 Opening Prayer (based on Psalm 1 3 8) Faithful God, we come into Your presence with thanksgiving, deeply grateful for the unfailing love and faithfulness. A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible. The grace of God makes a man thoughtful, and leads him to concern about … The Lord will accomplish what concerns me;Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting;Do not forsake the works of Your hands. The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. For Permission to Quote Information visit http://www.lockman.org, NET Bible copyright © 1996-2006 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. Join 1/2 million daily readers — enter your email for a free daily bible verse: ...Or simply "Like" us below to recieve a verse in your facebook feed each day: The LORD will fulfill [his purpose] for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever — do not abandon the works of your hands. A Psalm by David. You have shown toward us, Your people. The Lord avenges me. The LORD shall make good his loving-kindness toward me. Know that the Lord Himself is God;It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. You can email questions or comments to phil@verseoftheday.com. A devotional thought and prayer centered on Psalm 138:8. First there is conviction: the LORD will finish his work in us! Ps. Today's Verse: Psalm 138:8 Thursday, June 29, 2006 The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever — do not abandon the works of your hands. Verse 8. Don't forsake the works of your own hands. When we find ourselves in trouble, You are there, standing beside us. Lord, You will establish peace for us,Since You have also performed for us all our works. New American Standard Bible Copyright ©1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. Yea, thy mercy, O LORD, endureth forever; despise not then the works of thine own hands. NetBible, Basic English, produced by Mr C. K. Ogden of the Orthological Institute - public domain. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies,And Your right hand will save me. All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. | Privacy Policy. 8 The Lord will accomplish what concerns me;Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting;Do not forsake the works of Your hands. LORD, your gracious love is eternal; do not abandon your personal work in me. Psalm 138:8 - Covenant Keeping God The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House. O LORD, Your loving devotion endures forever--do not abandon the works of Your hands. Jehovah will complete for me: O Jehovah, thy mercy is forever: thou wilt not let go the works of thy hands. Jehovah will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy lovingkindness, O Jehovah, endureth for ever; Forsake not the works of thine own hands. Yahweh will fulfill that which concerns me; your loving kindness, Yahweh, endures forever. Amen. Verse of the Day. The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. 1:6). O Lord, your loyal love endures. O God, You have taught me from my youth,And I still declare Your wondrous deeds. Forsake not the works of thine own hands. Sunday, January 20, 2013. And so … In paths they do not know I will guide them. The LORD will fulfill [his purpose] for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever — do not abandon the works of your hands. ‘Your hands fashioned and made me altogether,And would You destroy me? Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Bible > Psalms > Chapter 138 > Verse 8 Library • … The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me.Lord, Your love is eternal;do not abandon the work of Your hands. Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the highest heavens. In Jesus' name I pray. I will cry to God Most High,To God who accomplishes all things for me. Heavenly Father and LORD of all things, I am confident that you will accomplish your will and purpose in me. The LORD will perfect that which concerns me: your mercy, O LORD, endures forever: forsake not the works of your own hands. The LORD will complete what his purpose is for me. The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works thy own hands. 13:8). Psalm 138:8 The LORD will fulfill His purpose for me. ‘Is it right for You indeed to oppress,To reject the labor of Your hands,And to look favorably on the schemes of the wicked? —Psalm 138:8. for Sunday, February 24, 2013 [ Previous Devotionals] The LORD will fulfill [his purpose] for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever — do not abandon the works of your hands. Jude, a bond-servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James,To those who are the called, beloved in God the Father, and kept for Jesus Christ: Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers. O LORD, Your loving devotion endures forever--do not abandon the works of Your hands. for Sunday, February 24, 2013 [ Previous Devotionals ]. Finally, there is supplication: O Lord, don't forget me, your creation (cf. Jehovah will perfect what concerneth me: thy loving-kindness, O Jehovah, endureth for ever; forsake not the works of thine own hands. Verse of the day is currently read by over 1/2 million people each month. “I will lead the blind by a way they do not know,In paths they do not know I will guide them.I will make darkness into light before themAnd rugged places into plains.These are the things I will do,And I will not leave them undone.”. Thy loving kindness, O LORD, [is] forever. By You I have been sustained from my birth;You are He who took me from my mother’s womb;My praise is continually of You. (cf. ◄Psalm 138:8 ► The LORD will fulfill His purpose in me. The LORD will fulfill that which concerns me; your loving kindness, LORD, endures forever. The Sharper Sword Recommended for you Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.