Does this passage indicate that God considers abortion to be murder? 13 For You formed my inward parts;You [a]covered me in my mother’s womb.14 I will praise You, for [b]I am fearfully and wonderfully made;Marvelous are Your works,And that my soul knows very well.15 (A)My [c]frame was not hidden from You,When I was made in secret,And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.And in Your book they all were written,The days fashioned for me,When as yet there were none of them. (b) The fact that he is everywhere present, Psalm 139:7-12. (c) The fact that all in our past life has been known to God; that he has created us, and that his eye has been upon us from the beginning of our existence, Psalm 139:13-16. (d) The fact that his thoughts toward us are precious, and numberless as the sand, Psalm 139:17-18. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. In Context Parallel Compare Study tools for Psalm 139:13 All rights reserved. Psalm 139:13–16 —Can it be inferred from this verse that the Bible considers abortion to be murder?. Sometimes called the “thread of life”, DNA is an amazing chemical molecule in the nucleus of each of our trillions of body cells. Psalms 139:13 - 139:16. Psalms 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. II. Thoughts kindle affections, and these cause thoughts to boil; they are causes one of another, and both well known to God. 13 For you created my inmost being;(A)    you knit me together(B) in my mother’s womb. (C)14 I praise you(D) because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;    your works are wonderful,(E)    I know that full well.15 My frame was not hidden from you    when I was made(F) in the secret place,    when I was woven together(G) in the depths of the earth. Psalm 139:13-16 New King James Version 13 For You formed my inward parts; You [ a]covered me in my mother’s womb. 16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Ver. Used by permission. New King James Version (NKJV), Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access, NKJV, Lucado Encouraging Word Bible, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Abide Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NKJV, Bride's Bible, Leathersoft, White, Red Letter, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NKJV, Vines Expository Bible, Comfort Print: A Guided Journey Through the Scriptures with Pastor Jerry Vines. Problem: According to this passage, God looks upon the unborn as a human being. Carter Sanger, Cornerstone Church, 2/12/2017 In years past many people in support of a mother’s right to choose firmly believe that the fetus inside the mother is not the same as a baby. (H)16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;    all the days ordained(I) for me were written in your book    before one of them came to be. Psalms 139:13-16 NIV For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. Now viewing scripture range from the book of Psalms chapter 139:13 through chapter 139:16... Psalms Chapter 139. 13. However, if the unborn is fully human, then abortion would be the willful killing of the innocent—murder. For thou hast possessed my reins] The seat of mine affections. New International Version (NIV), NIV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Luke, Comfort Print, NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NIV, Story of Jesus: Experience the Life of Jesus as One Seamless Story, NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Personal Size, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NIV, Biblical Theology Study Bible, Comfort Print: Follow God’s Redemptive Plan as It Unfolds throughout Scripture.