Not just at our conversion, but every day. God never abandons us in the darkness, but we must seek Him to find our strength and our way. God is good. We have a free 5-day plan to help you focus on resting in God’s goodness and love. It’s called the “I Need A Break” Challenge and you can get started by putting in your email below. Our fear, worry, anxiety, anger, etc. Spiritually Hungry is a Christian website developed to encourage and guide you into a closer relationship with God by focusing on breaking down barriers to a deeper spiritual life. David recognizes here that God has a final peace in store, and while the enormity of God’s love and presence for us in this life is significant, it is also a foreshadowing of the redemption that awaits God’s people ultimately in the next life. Don’t let your circumstances determine God’s power in your life. They eventually form a path that keeps leading them higher. The Lord is my best friend and my shepherd. The Passion Translation®. The Lord offers a resting place in His luxurious love. by Alexis Waid | Oct 20, 2018 | Bible Study, Blog, Christian Growth | 0 comments. TPT: The Passion Translation . Not once have I found a lover of God forsaken by him. As I carried my baby, with little reason to think she would live, I ran to Psalm 23. I undertook an excursion in Scripture recently to dive deeper into Psalm 23’s meaning based  The Passion Translation. thePassionTranslation.com, The Passion Translation (TPT), He opens before me pathways to God’s pleasure, and leads me along in his footsteps of righteousness. Are you on our email list? If you are interested in that story, you can read it here: Lucy’s Story, A Turner Syndrome Baby. Psalm 23 Meaning | The Passion Translation TPT. It is our calling from Jesus Himself, Matthew 28:19-20. Psalm 23 Verse 3b. God fully understands how difficult this world is for us, and that’s why there are so many places in Scripture that point to the time when God will “wipe every tear” (Rev. You anoint me with the fragrance of your Holy Spirit; you give me all I can drink of you until my heart overflows. Retail: $47.98. ... TPT New Testament with Psalms, Proverbs and Song of Songs - hardcover, peony / TPT Bible Study Journal - faux leather, peony - 2 pack. All rights reserved. In the spring, Lucy returned to the hospital for surgery #3 to rectify her hip dysplasia. I was inspired to write this past based on my reading of Psalm 23’s meaning as I reflected on it in a relatively new translation of the Bible, The Passion Translation. Retail: $59.99. Put me to the test and sift through all my anxious cares. She cannot eat orally, so she has a G-tube in her stomach so we can pump her food. In this post, I’d like to walk you through Psalm 23’s meaning and hopefully encourage you to find new ways to apply this profound chapter to your life. dissipate as we realize it is God who is equipping us and propelling us forward. Again here is another reinforced thought from verse 4a, “even when.” David, who was God’s chosen king, a favored man of God’s, could not avoid people doing harm to him or having hardships. If you said yes to any of these, I encourage you to bring your thoughts and concerns to God about this matter. This video is unavailable. So why would I fear the future? How well do you actively engage in the love God has for you? (It should be noted that The Passion Translation is more of a paraphrase, like The Message, then an actual translation.). [c]The comfort of your love takes away my fear.I’ll never be lonely, for you are near.5 You become my delicious feasteven when my enemies dare to fight.You anoint me with the fragrance of your Holy Spirit;[d]you give me all I can drink of you until my heart overflows. Alexis has a Master's degree from Denver Seminary and a Bachelor's degree from Colorado Christian University. It was a relatively low-risk surgery that turned complicated quickly when Lucy stopped breathing a couple hours later during recovery. In this full life is where we find an abundance. The Passion Translation (TPT): New Testament with Psalms, Proverbs, and Song of Songs, compact, imitation leather, purple. It is in God’s love where we find rest. When we do, that our lives change. Look at what he says in his own words, “even when my enemies dare to fight.”. They do not know what is good for them, they do not know how to defend themselves, they don’t even know how to take care of themselves. Our eternal relationship with God begins in this life and carries on into the next. I always have more than enough. A shepherd is one to takes care of sheep. In light of this profound realization of what God does for His followers, why would we ever fear the future? It brought much clarity, comfort, and an amazing reminder of how good God is. This is a reinforced concept already found in 2a where it states, “The Lord offers a resting place in His luxurious love.” It is no coincidence that this truth is repeated here. We treat our subscribers very well! Psalms 139:23-24 TPT. Remember He already knows how you feel, even better than you do, and He simply wants you to bring Him your concerns, for this is what a healthy relationship looks like. Copyright © 2017 by BroadStreet Publishing® Group, LLC. Now, the journey of carrying a baby with no chance of survival has finished, and I find myself on a new adventure – mother to a medically fragile baby. That’s when God gently led me back to the amazing Psalm 23. For me personally, it helps connect my heart to Scripture in a unique way. You remain close to me and lead me through it all the way. for the Lord lifts them up with his hands. We find God’s peace, love, truth, joy, kindness, self-control, gentleness, goodness, patience, and faithfulness. God, I invite your searching gaze into my heart. The comfort of your love takes away my fear. If you find yourself in a fearful framework today, check out these prayers. He opens before me pathways to God’s pleasure and leads me along in his footsteps of righteousness so that I can bring honor to his name. God offers anyone this invitation, but you must not only accept it but actively, intentionally seek to always connect to Him. Sheep are notorious for being animals who simply cannot take care of themselves. I had just received news that my pregnancy was not going well and my baby girl had many life-threatening conditions. Psalm 23 concludes with a look toward the ultimate healing and restoration of relationship God has for us, which is eternity with Him. 2,7: Längeres Leiden eines 60jährigen Offb. As a graduate of Denver Seminary, a seminary that loved deeply diving into the original language and the true meaning of Scripture, I too love and was trained in proper Biblical exegesis.