All you We are real excited to announce that Family Camp 2020 will take place from Saturday July 25th through Friday July 31st. It’s camp, the girls are just goofing around and having fun. Photo Albums 2001–2019. QUICK LINKS. As for cultish, well that I find a bit dramatic. I have one just for you! It is on the right and about 12 feet off the side of the road. Girls camp is supposed to be a fun, uplifting experience. HIGHWAY 70 CLOSURE Turn left (east) and drive 17 miles to the Forest boundary. Boaters have to observe a 10 mph speed limit. Lodgepole Campround, Lake Valley Reservoir: offers 35 campsites (fee), fishing, swimming, handicap accessible. From Tucson, take I-10 east 72 miles to US 191. Approximately 30 feet farther is a small sign for Camp Liahona. Turn right (south) and drive 37 miles to the turnoff to Rucker Lake. The purpose of camp and of the Young Women's… If that doesn’t work take it higher. Rucker Forest Camp … The most successful outing for me in 2008, was a afternoon trip to Rucker Lake in the Tahoe National Forest. If you feel it is not being run correctly or in the spirit of the church then someone in your bishopric or stake needs to be talked to. The prices include lodging for 6 nights, 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 6 dinners. Lake Almanor Caution notice - harmful algae may be present. Turn right onto dirt road. Continue on FR 74 to FR 74E. Blue Lake Proceed 0.5 miles; stay to right at fork in road. Dispersed, walk-in only campsites are available at this lake. Young Men Regional Summer Camp . Urgent Information Class Catalog Register for Camp Sign up for Classes. Camp Liahona, a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS) camp for girls, is located on the northern shore of Rucker Lake on USFS land. Turn right on Bowman Lake Road, then approx 7 miles to right turn on Rucker Lake Road, (unpaved), follow signs for Camp Liahona. I was able to catch both Green Sunfish (they are just Blue Gills with Green Skin) and Smallmouth Bass. Prices for 2020: $450 for ages 11 and up, $337.50 for ages 5 to 10 and $40 for children under 5. Class Catalog Preparing for Camp Frequently Asked Questions Medical Forms Equipment Lists Daily Schedule About Summer Camp Photo Albums Aquatics Program. I've had several requests for a girls' camp songbook, so guess what!?! Do not use, drink or swim at the following locaitons: Marvin Alexander Beach, Canyon Dam Day Use/Boat Launch, Rocky Point Campground and Almanor Campground. We hold girls camp annually at Rucker Lake, a small lake in the Sierra Nevadas off of Highway 20. We leave on Monday, and I cannot wait! Continue into camp … YOUTH AND PARENTS. Approximately 1.2 miles past Fuller Lake Campground is a sign reading Rucker Lake. To the east, Blue Lake is an attractive lake with a heavily forested shoreline. Turn left (north) on FR 74E and follow the signs to Rucker Lake. the shallowness of the lake. I was reading on Steven Ojai’s website, that there is Goose Lake Redband Trout in Rucker Lake. I've been knee-deep into planning girls' camp. The Walnut Creek Stake Girls Camp is organized by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who live in Walnut Creek, Concord and Clayton.