Prepare a basic crepe recipe in advance. Try savory crepes for dinner. They make a tasty breakfast meal and are wonderful when topped with hot fresh blueberry sauce (fresh blueberries heated on the stove with a little flour). Looking for savory crepe recipes? – Reddiered. You can also use any leftover turkey filling for turkey pot pie. From the sweetest indulgences to the cheesiest and meatiest concoctions, it’s a great way to serve a light lunch of a fun dinner for you, the family or for a few of your best friends. They are great for a quick dinner." Crepes made with milk and beer. An easy meal to make, crêpes are versatile, quick, and can be as flamboyant as you wish it to be. … In this recipe, a buckwheat crepe is filled with mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, and Gruyere cheese. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. This is delicious on spring or summer evening with a green salad on the side. When people think of crepes the first thought must be of something sweet served as a dessert in a fancy restaurant. Win $25,000 to Create Your Backyard Oasis! Enjoy! They always remind me of my childhood for some reason. Staff Picks Savory Southwestern Crepes Rating: Unrated 8 Don't let making the crepes scare you. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/235494/easy-savoury-crepes Soaking the groats before using them develops a lovely texture and a delicious, soft nutty taste. All Rights Reserved. Roll up with sugar and lemon, or fill with your favorite cheese, lingonberries, or Nutella®! The flax seeds add a subtle nutty flavor and the cinnamon and nutmeg add a hint of spice. Quick and Easy! Feel free to add your own favorite ingredients. Serve with a green leafy salad. Quick high protein breakfast. At 611 Supreme in Seattle, authentic French crepes are filled with either savory or sweet fillings. After blending you end up with a smooth batter. Loaded with lots of cheese, chicken, mushroom, and healthy, vegetarian options you’ll reach for these as new favorites for dinner or brunch. Savory Crepe Recipe. This is in my top five favorite meals of all time. I developed them to serve with vegetable biryani and other dishes after trying some leftovers in a regular crepe. I've made these for years, and it's a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey! This savory crepe recipe has been passed down through many generations in my family. These crepes are good with Indian food. —Andrea Price, Grafton, Wisconsin We serve this on special occasions like Christmas and weddings, but it is really easy to make. This is a recipe that has been on my family for generations. Instead of crackers one can also use Chinese fried dough (You Tiao). They always remind me of my childhood for some reason. Looking for savory crepe recipes? These gluten-free, lactose-free crepes are not only made 100% with buckwheat, but they use wholesome raw buckwheat groats instead of buckwheat flour, which often has a very strong flavor when not fresh. March 5, 2014 By Dion 1 Comment. These crepes do not crisp up and become golden but they are very pliable and go great with maple syrup, berries, jam, and mashed bananas as filling. They are so easy and can be filled with a variety of sweet or savory fillings. Feel free to add your own favorite ingredients. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. Chinese Crepe; this is only one. With fillings like eggs, cheese, chicken, beef, vegetables and more, these These Normandy-style buckwheat crepes are filled with mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, and Gruyere. Crepes can be made and frozen up to several weeks ahead of time. Serve rolled up or folded. I remember eagerly waiting for my mother to finish cooking one and then I would take it straight off the frying pan, squeeze some orange juice on it, roll it up and then devour it. These may not be very authentic, but they are a tasty alternative that appeals to the typical American pancake. Easy Savory Crepes Recipe – 25 Savory Crepe Fillings For Your Brunch Menu. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This is a basic savory crepe recipe which can be added to and changed depending on your taste. Martha Stewart may receive compensation when you click through and purchase from links contained on this website. This is a basic savory crepe recipe which can be added to and changed depending on your taste. This recipe is the base for our super-satisfying, cheesy Chicken Crepes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Allrecipes has more than 20 trusted chicken crepes and dinner crepe recipes complete with ratings, reviews and tips. I remember eagerly waiting for my mother to finish cooking one and then I would take it straight off the frying pan, squeeze some orange juice on it, roll it up and then devour it. I took three different crepe recipes and combined them to come up with a real winner! Enjoy! I use scallions and cilantro in this recipe, but others use different ingredients, such as sunflower seeds. The French enjoy thin, pancake-like crepes with sweet or savory toppings and fillings at any time of day. They are so easy and can be filled with a variety of sweet or savory fillings. Savory Crepe Recipe. If the crepes are thicker than you'd like, thin the batter with additional milk, whisking it in gently. There are many variations of Jian Bing, a.k.a. Don't let making the crepes scare you. These delicate, French pancakes can be filled with so many fun treats and savory highlights. A traditional English breakfast pancake. Grace Lynne Fleming .