a) being b) linking c) action 5) This poem should have been your best composition this year. – state verb showing possession 'I am having a bath.' Save. a) ACTION VERB b) STATE OF BEING VERB 10) Thomas Jefferson was America’s third President. Play this game to review Grammar. catch. Which is NOT a state of being verb? Edit. They often take a form of the verb “to be,” but they don’t have to. some verbs can be both state and action verbs. Edit. The meaning of these verbs is then different. – action verb which, in this case, means 'taking'. This activity was created by a Quia Web subscriber. 2. smurray_10573. Choose your answers from the given options. a) being b) linking c) action 3) Have you ever been in Italy? Verbs Quiz. 11. A linking verb expresses a state of being. State of Being Verbs DRAFT. a) ACTION VERB b) STATE OF BEING VERB 11) Tyler washed his dad’s car for him. Take a look at these: 'I have a car.' State of being verbs are a small group of verbs that do not express action. The main purpose of this verb is to serve as a link that joins the subject to a word in the predicate that adds meaning to the subject. This quiz is incomplete! 6th grade. State of Being Verbs DRAFT. answer choices . To play this quiz, please finish editing it. are. In spite of being very intelligent, he does not score good marks. a) ACTION VERB b) STATE OF BEING VERB 9) A shining meteor fell to earth last night. Preview this quiz on Quizizz. Which is NOT a state of being verb? They are linking verbs. 60% average accuracy. April 27, 2017 - Fill in the blanks with the correct forms of the verbs. Linking verbs link the subject of the verb to information that renames or describes the subject. The verb ‘be’ is the most important linking verb. Delete Quiz. English. Get an in depth look into verbs with a video showcasing action verbs and state of being verbs. Some words can be state verbs and action verbs. a) being b) linking c) action 4) By the end of the meeting, Roxy was looking even sicker. 1. ... Identify the state of being verb in the sentence. – state verb meaning 'in my opinion'. This quiz is incomplete! The erring students were let off with a strict warning by the principal. help. 0. State of Being Verbs. The coconuts are falling from the tree, so please help me catch them before they hit the ground. 'I think you are cool.' First, learn what verbs are and the difference between action and state of being. a) being b) linking c) action 2) Dad will be driving us to school. 73 times. a year ago. a) ACTION VERB b) STATE OF BEING VERB 8) Joe and Frank heard a strange noise. Learn more about Quia: Create your own activities