Looks so tempting. The rice gets its red colour from the well mashed tomatoes. "@context": "http://schema.org", I know I am doomed the moment they stop eating it. She is also picky eater. 3/4 cup Tomatoes She says all those things which u have mentioned. The evolution of this rice dish is truly remarkable, that I feel I should record it. "target": "https://www.onmanorama.com/search-results-page.html?q={search_term_string}", One tip I would give to make thm eat onions. They just snacked for their dinner. Drain water, add 2 cups of hot water and cook rice until soft. Necessity they say is the mother of all new inventions. Add 1½ cup rice to a bowl and rinse it well a few times until the water runs clear. oil, crushed ginger and garlic, onion, green chillies and curry Since it's so easy to make, this also works well lunch boxes. As per the doctor's guidance, we can include 2 tbsp of ghee to the kids' diet if you haven't served them that quantity, you can add it to this rice. Add boiled rice to the pan "@type": "WebSite", Though they hardly eat the chicken. 12 Comments. I am glad you are here. Sauté well. Simmer and cover with a lid and cook till the tomatoes get really soft. { Glycemic Index of different foods ~ Diabetes! 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds MATERIALS NEEDED ; 4 - medium tomatoes 2 - small size tomato. When I am not using Basmati, I use Sona Masuri, for which I add about 2 + 1/4 cups of water. Your email address will not be published. Add chopped tomatoes and Kids refused to eat by seeing it all red. There you go! I feel even adults will love this recipe. It takes about 5 mins when you cook on high and keep stirring it. Pour fresh water … 1 cup Basmati Rice When the cumin starts spluttering, add in the ginger garlic paste and green chilies if using. "potentialAction": { Tomato egg rice is an amazing lunch idea made with basic things at home. I just stuck to it without changing anything. 1.5 cup Water If you are adding green chilies, make sure you don't slit open the entire chili as seeds will come out and can be spicy for the little ones. When this is served for adults in the home, I add some spicy side dish to take care of the bland rice. Even if I add, I dice them into big chunks and add, so that it's easy to remove. I finally decided when I am going to struggle to remove out those onions, I might as well not add. Then once I added turmeric as its a norm to add it to everything! Adjust salt, cover with the lid and cook on high flame, until the water starts boiling. 2 to 3 tsp Ghee, 1 Bay leaf How to make this quick and simple tomato rice for kids: Wash and soak rice for 15 – 20 mins. MANORAMA APP U can imagine the chaos. Salt to Taste Kids, I tell you, can bring out the best and worst depending on your mood. If you are fond of chocolate and loads of delicious food, you are in the right space, come over! In the end, this was the recipe that worked fine for them. Sauté well. That prompted me to research the right texture and a dish that got their liking. So I do the next best thing in using either big pieces or as puree. one Malayalam News site on our I bow down to you - O Supreme One! Manoramanews.com no longer supports Internet Explorer 9 or earlier. The rice gets its red colour from the well mashed tomatoes. salt and cook it on medium flame by covering the pan with a lid. This lends the rice a nice red colour without being very spicy. SITE FOLLOWS THE DNPA’S CODE OF CONDUCT. mobiles and tablets. So have struck to the dal and rasam rice every day. Heat a nonstick pan with ghee, add in the whole spices, sauté well for 2 mins. My daughter as I have said is a very picky eater and I was scared the boys would turn out to be the same. Learn how your comment data is processed.