Surrounded by endemic vegetation, it is a dream spot to see animals and to practice sport fishing. The result is a kaleidoscope of colors that changes throughout the day, depending on the angle and direction of the sun. See majestic condors wheeling in the pristine skies overhead. We were there last week. — Video by dchulov. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Fortunately, a number of companies in Puerto Natales provide an excellent way to tour Torres del Paine National Park in a day. To clarify my previous question: I believe you went to the Easter Islands first and then to Chile. © 2009-2020. A man climbs out over Laguna Azul, meaning Blue Lagoon. Torres del Paine National Park Tourism: Tripadvisor has 20,989 reviews of Torres del Paine National Park Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Torres del Paine National Park resource. Immerse yourself in this vast national park; a backpack and comfortable shoes are all you require for a trekking adventure, the best possible way to explore this UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. Hi Melanie: I also hadn’t seen a lot of South America (previously only Peru and Ecuador), and this trip cemented my belief that SA is one of the least discovered and most interesting tourist destinations on the globe. Take full advantage of the 17 hours of daylight in summer and don’t miss out on sunrise, when the horns of the Torres del Paine massif glow purple and red. Download royalty-free Beautiful scenery of the Torres del Paine National park, Patagonia, Chile. Posted on February 7, 2020 by Barbara Weibel. stock video 70843263 from Depositphotos collection of millions of premium high-resolution stock photos, … It is well known for having the "Devil's Chair" at its entrance, a rock which, as legend says, was[...], Just south of Puerto Tranquilo, Chile, this red bridge is somewhat famous: adventurers cross it before pushing deeper into Patagonia. They began life as underwater sediments that were deposited in layers. The melange of craggy mountains crowned with glaciers and glistening with waterfalls, scrubland…, Surrounded by a natural arena of sunset-tinged and snow-capped peaks, it’s impossible to imagine a more wild and spectacular location than Lago Pehoé in…. Part of Unesco's Biosphere Reserve system since 1978, this 1810-sq-km park is, however, much more than its one greatest hit. I did both independently, which is my normal mode of travel. In February 2016, I rented 2 Wicked campers and invited couchsurfers to join for what would be an epic roadtrip through beautiful Patagonia. Waterton Lakes, Alberta, Flathead Lake, Scenic view of glacier mountains covered with snow near ocean water, Landscape of mountain and lake at Torres Del Paine in Patagonia, Chile, Panoramic view of the snow-covered High Tatras. It’s now officially on the list. The cost was 40,000 Chilean Peso, or about $47 USD. Hi Margaret. Accommodations range from design-forward upscale lodges to campsites and dormlike refugio rooms. Many insist the ideal way to see Torres del Paine is to hike the “W” route, which takes about three to five days, or the longer ”O” route, which takes between seven and nine days to complete. The towers as seen from Mirador Torres at early morning as first sunlight shines on the three peaks. ‘I thought it would be summer down here,’ is a phrase that’s echoed off those majestic granite…, The south of Chile and Argentina is a hiker’s dream. 600 600 60 66 Great trip! Hi David. The protected Guanaco are the most prominent animals found in the park. Schedule and Information Season 2019 – 2020; How to Get to Torres del Paine; Useful Tips Torres del Paine; Torres del Paine; National Park; Maps of Torres del Paine; Municipalidades; Plants and animal life of Torres del Paine; What to visit; Accommodation. Coastal treasures, ancient forests, dazzling glaciers and incredible wildlife – Patagonia's captured your imagination, but where do you begin? Be blown away by the Grey Lake and sail to visit its amazing glacier, one of the iconic spots of this Biosphere Reserve. Santiago de Chile, Turismo Atiende: Be prepared for changeable and very windy conditions. The journey is named by the union of the three large areas which the trail runs through: the Ascencio Valley, the Francés Valley and the[...], A complete and demanding path along the wonderful Torres del Paine is what the so-called "O Trail" offers. To fully experience this rugged and beautiful landscape, it requires driving, hiking, horseback riding, and boating in unpredictable conditions. No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission. Kayake, This quote really reflects what I felt while exploring Chile, this magnificent and picturesque country.