Yes, I agree, pumpkin bread can be too heavy! This healthy pumpkin bread is made with only whole wheat flour, which can be tricky to bake with. Healthy doesn't have to be synonymous with boring, and this pumpkin bread is proof! It was so moist. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. I love pumpkin bread and this recipe looks delicious. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 50 minutes to 1 hour. 30 Crazy Delicious Ways To Roast Vegetables, Wine And Spirit Tags Are Perfect For Holidays, These Candles Smell Like Dunkin' Coffee And Donuts, The Best Kitchen Deals For Black Friday 2020, Steve Kornacki Projected Thanksgiving Desserts. digital book, I share with you everything you need to get started living the Wholefully life—clean eating, green beauty, natural home, self-care, mental health—we cover it all! It’s nice that you are caring about your health but sometimes is real hard because mostly the times healthy food is not as tasty as Junky food. I love the idea of adding a cream cheese filling. To make it a bit more 'healthy' I used maple syrup in place of the sugar (only 3/4 cup) and whole milk Greek yogurt in place of the oil. I did 1/4 c Swerve Brown Sugar Substitute. I recommend this recipe to anyone (and the zucchini bread recipe on this blog is just as delectable!) You can sub in 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, if you prefer. Looks so good. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Donna! ★☆ You can use 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice instead of the 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, if you'd like. ★☆ I used 1 cup of almond flour instead of whole wheat flour and my family devoured the whole loaf immediately. spero che mi risponderai..un bacio!! I'm sure others will find them helpful So glad you found it as well!! I made 11 large muffins (they didn’t overflow at the top) – perfect size. This amount of oil is very low for quick breads. Those substitutions sound great. I will definitely make it again. This step helps when baking with whole wheat flour. After we ate most of them I put the remainder in the freezer for a snack at work during the week. I also used whole white wheat flour for all the flour and it turned out great. Thank goodness the cap stayed on. What is the calorie count per serving? I am all for healthy twists, and quick breads are the perfect place to do it! This bread is so delicious. Please email the healthy pumpkin bread recipe. Wrap bread in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for 3 days. Sometimes I slice it before freezing so I can take one slice out at a time when I’m looking for a healthy snack. I love watching the leaves begin to change. I am so happy you liked my pumpkin bread Cher. This is one of my favorite months of the year. And he never cleans out his pockets before throwing his clothes in the laundry basket. Homemade zucchini bread made with whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt is another of my favorites. This healthy pumpkin bread is so moist and perfect, you’d never guess that it wasn’t 100% indulgent. This bread is perfectly spicy sweet moist and pumpkin-y! That coconut oil and whole wheat is a winner my dear! All in all this was very good and my family and I really enjoyed it. I am totally with you on this. Perfect find for the start of fall Thanks again! Usually when I eat pumpkin bread it’s really dense and “spongy”, usually because it has so much oil and sugar in it. Reduce baking time to 15 to 20 minutes. I’m definitely making this! Preheat oven to 350°F. Fold until combined. What do you know… Still turned out exceptional! In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Just replace the coconut oil with melted butter. Required fields are marked *. The other 1/3 c coconut sugar. She's a home cook and wellness junkie with a love of all things healthy living. It’s called “How Many Things Can I Find in Shawn’s Pocket”. I love adding greek yogurt to my toasts, and this warm double chocolate pumpkin bread was no exception! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. This pumpkin bread is absolutely delicious and so moist! I’m glad to hear it Becky! for breakfast. Trial three! Transfer the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. There was an error submitting your subscription. I’m printing out a copy of your recipe now for my sister-in-law, at her request. So happy to hear you liked it! Thank you ! I also followed this tip and let my batter sit for 10 minutes to ensure the bread stayed moist. I’m glad I did! Thanks for sharing this! I feel like pumpkin lends it so well to making a healthier baked good because it helps keep things moist. I even cut the sugar in 1/2 and it was still very sweet! I love that the crisp, cool mornings blend into jacketless afternoons. plus 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cups of walnuts. max. Dense, rich, and moist, this Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread comes together in one bowl—no need to dirty lots of dishes! Because actually putting his dirty clothes in the laundry basket is apparently my job. Who even puts that much stuff in pockets!? Add the whole wheat flour, wheat germ, sugar, oil, salt and yogurt. Only have1/2 cup yogurt now & need to make for company. And glad to hear coconut sugar worked! ;). Besides the fact that it’s pummmmmpkin. I wish I had that buttered piece in my hand :). It is sweetened using all-natural maple syrup. Turned out great. – you should read about Bucksflooder first, Pingback: 15 Freezer Friendly Fall Breakfast Ideas. I've been a religious user of Allrecipes for many years and am always appreciative for everyone's suggestions and feedback when I look to try something new. I like to flavor the bread with my homemade pumpkin pie spice, a blend which contains cinnamon, freshly grated nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves. It looks perfectly fluffy and moist (courtesy of that greek yogurt)! No changes and it turned out really good lots of comments about it when tried. Ingredients 1 cup whole wheat flour 3/4 cup all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 2 teaspoons cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 3/4 teaspoon table salt 2 eggs 3/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree, not the pie filling 1/3 cup Greek yogurt … It’s the same around here, yet sometimes it’s more like 20′ away! But maybe that was a bad recipe. I used all whole wheat flour and maple syrup instead of honey and regular yogurt. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! I cut about half a cup on the sugar, but everything was great. Try our healthy pumpkin muffins, and don't forget to comment and rate below! And I really love pumpkin season! Instead of oil, the bread gets plenty of moisture from a mix of canned pumpkin, Greek yogurt, and water. I prefer to bake my loaves in my mini 8-loaf pan and bake for 25-30 min. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine flours, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. And I only had vanilla greek yogurt on hand so added just a touch less vanilla extract. To make muffins, place paper liners in 18 muffin cups. I also subbed regular whole milk yogurt instead of Greek. Fold in walnuts and raisins. I'm so glad you loved it! P.S. p.s. ★☆ Per our privacy policy, we will not share or sell your personal information.